“This refreshingly simple salad is healthy and easy to make. It uses ingredients that are easily sourced and thoughtfully chosen promises a unique twist to the humble appetizer.”
– Chef John See, Bosch’s culinary ambassador
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Sea Cucumber Mix:
- 200 gm Small and soft sea cucumber (lightly blanched with salt water, thinly sliced)
- 50 gm White fungi (lightly blanched with salt water), thinly sliced
- 1 no Japanese cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 no De-seeded red apple (thinly sliced and lightly soaked in salt water)
- 55 gm Arugula
- 3 tbsp White onion (thinly diced)
- 1 no Grapefruit (cut into wedges and juiced)
- 1 no Orange (cut into wedges and juiced)
- pinch Freshly cracked rock salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp Toasted almond flakes
- 2tbsp Pomegranate seed
- 1tbsp Pomegranate molasses reduction
- Combine ingredients for the sea cucumber mix together in a big bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients for the citrus salsa together and mix well before tossing it together with the sea cucumber mix.
- Top it with the garnish and serve.
About the Key Ingredients
Sea Cucumber: Calories, rich in collagen that is beneficial for the skin, rich in protein to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
White Fungi: Beneficial for the lungs
Red Apples: Contains a natural anti-inflammatory agent to prevent blood clots.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.