The Istana Grounds is open to the public to celebrate Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Hari Raya Puasa, Labour Day and National Day.
The Istana Open House is scheduled to be held on the following dates in 2023:
- Chinese New Year (23 Jan 2023)
- Hari Raya Puasa (1 May 2023)
- Labour Day (1 May 2023)
- National Day (23 Jul 2023)
- Deepavali (12 Nov 2023)
The Deepavali Istana Open House will be on 12 November 2023, 8.30am to 6.00pm.
Performances and Activity Booths
Listen to award-winning flautists Ghanavenothan Retnam and Tan Qing Lun as they showcase a fusion of Indian and Chinese classical music.
Throughout the day, visitors can catch instrument, dance and band performances by student groups from Bukit Timah Primary School, Yishun Secondary School, St. Margaret’s School and the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), as well as the Singapore Indian Fine Arts Society and Team Fusion. Visitors can also participate in activities such as henna art, candle-making and balloon sculpting.
There will be merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana and President’s Challenge souvenirs. Souvenirs are while stocks last. Only cashless payments via Credit/Debit Card and QR Codes will be accepted.
All proceeds will go towards the benefitting agencies supported by President’s Challenge. Benefitting agencies supported by President’s Challenge 2023
Image credit: Eugene Yeo
Guided tours of the Istana Main Building will be conducted from 9.30am to 5.00pm, during which visitors can view selected function rooms and take a closer look at a collection of State Gifts presented to Singapore’s leaders. Visitors interested in the Istana’s flora and fauna can join the Nature Guided Tour from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Visitors can also opt to go on self-guided tours.
Snacks and Merchandise
There will be food stalls and a food truck as well as merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana souvenirs and President’s Challenge souvenirs. Only cashless payments via Credit/Debit Card and QR Code will be accepted.
- Admission into the IOH is via the Main Gate at Orchard Road only.
- Admission into the IOH is subject to security checks. Pointed and sharp objects (e.g., knives of any size, fork, scissors), flammable items (e.g., lighter), tripods and canned items (e.g., canned drinks) are not allowed.
There are no storage facilities in the Istana. Security personnel reserve the right to deny entry to visitors with prohibited items.
- Admission into the IOH may be restricted due to inclement weather or other reasons.
- The IOH may be suspended or cancelled if there is prolonged risk of lightning. Visitors within the Istana grounds can seek shelter at the tentages. Please do not seek shelter under trees or canopies. Visitors may also wish to seek shelter at nearby malls.
More information can be found here.
Photo Credit: Ministry of Communications and Information
Deepavali falls on 12 November 2023 year and here is our round-up of Deepavali events 2023 that you can look forward to in Singapore.
It’s the weekend and are you looking for things / activities to do? Check out our weekly roundup of Things To Do This Weekend In Singapore.
For other upcoming events, visit Events in Singapore.
* * * * *
Stay in touch! Subscribe to our Telegram here for our latest updates.
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.