The new integrated Punggol community hub will also be screening NDP LIVE at Celebration Square
One Punggol, the integrated resident-centric community hub in Punggol, is hosting its inaugural National Day 2022 Celebrations on Tuesday, 9 August 2022, with exciting carnival activities and LIVE screening of the National Day Parade at Celebration Square from 5pm.
Punggol residents can look forward to fun-filled activities, entertainment and freebies from 10am, such as stage performances, magic shows, fringe activities for the family such as arts & craft workshops, bouncy castles, photo booths, as well as carnival booths and free movie screenings.
Young children and families will enjoy the Old School Dragon Bouncy Playground, Survivor Obstacle Challenge Bouncy Playground, Wave Simulator and Giant Jenga activities.
Walk down memory lane with old school snacks such as potong ice-cream, ding ding candy, corn-in-a-cup, kacang puteh and gem biscuits. We are also giving away goodie bags!
Look out for the State Flag Flypast which will be flown by the RSAF Chinook helicopter and escorted by RSAF Apache Helicopters, from around 5.25pm to 6.15pm via the Eastern Route which includes Punggol district.
One Punggol will gradually open its doors to the community – starting with National Day Celebration programmes and activities at Celebration Square this August, and then with several community and retail partners starting their operations in the later part of this year. It will be fully operational by mid-2023.
Led by the People’s Association, the new hub will comprise a community club, an integrated Public Service Centre, a regional library, a HDB branch office, a hawker centre, childcare and child development facilities, a blood collection centre, a kidney dialysis centre, a senior care centre, as well as sports and recreational facilities.
Punggol residents can look forward to the opening of these facilities coming up next:
- ServiceSG Centre that will offer more than 400 services from across more than 20 government agencies and equipped with a Digital Lobby for citizens to self-help and consultation rooms for citizens to speak face-to-face or/and connect with selected government agency officers via video conferencing to get assistance on complex services;
- Housing & Development Board (HDB) Branch Office which provides a wide array of post-allocation housing services, such as lease and tenancy administration matters, collection of rent and mortgage loan payments, maintenance of rental properties, approval of renovation permits, and management of HDB car parks;
- a 700-seat Hawker Centre with 34 food stalls so visitors can savour a wide variety of affordable and delicious food and drinks when they visit One Punggol;
- One Punggol Community Club with expanded offerings including a 600-seat Multi-Purpose Hall with 4 badminton courts, futsal and basketball courts, culinary and music studios, amongst other community spaces;
- Punggol Regional Library which will debut as Singapore’s first fully inclusive library and feature inclusive spaces, technology, programmes, and special collections to cater for patrons with different capabilities;
The five-storey building, with a gross floor area covering 45,100 square metres across 2.8 hectares (approximately the size of 4 football fields), is purpose-built to meet the needs of the North East District community. It is connected by walking paths to the Punggol MRT, Punggol Town Square, neighbouring residential blocks, the Waterway Point retail mall and Punggol Waterway Park.
For more information on One Punggol, visit our Facebook page.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.
Leave a Comment: