Caramelised pork belly, grilled prawns, sweet potato and chorizo. Image courtesy of boCHINche
Serves 6 pax
1 kg pork belly
Sweet potato puree
Diced confit chorizo
Fluffy pork skin (Chicharrón)
For the marinade
100ml of sweet soy sauce
2 tbs whole grain mustard
1 red chilli
- Mix all ingredients of marinade together and put marinade aside.
- Clean pork belly and seal it in a vacuum pack with marinade.
- When marinated, put in a water bath and slow cook it for 12hr at 70 degree Celsius.
- When pork belly is cooked, remove it from the water bath and let it cool down. (Note: If you don’t have a water bath, oven-roast the pork belly with an aluminium foil cover at 160 degree Celsius for 3 hours)
- Once pork belly is cooled, cut it into individual slices and caramelise it at slow heat with the
marinade juices for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with grilled prawns, sweet potato puree, chorizo and pork skin.
To make your own Chicharrón
- Boil pork skin for about 2 hours then put it on flat trays allowing it to cool down.
- Once cooled, scrap away the excess fat.
- Cut the remaining pork skin into small pieces and put them back on the trays, letting them air-dry for 48hr until hard.
- Right before serving, put pork skin in deep fryer until they expand into big and light crackers.
Recipe contributed by Fabrice Mergalet, Executive Head Chef of boCHINche
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.