Update 17 August 2021
Are you ready to join in the celebration of Singapore’s 56th birthday? Countdown to the much-anticipated NDP 2021 Show on 21 August 2021 with these fun and interactive virtual offerings we have lined up!
Below are some fun activities that you can do to join in on the National Day festivities, which includes
- Listening to the 3 Lo-Fi Hip Hop Beats rendition of the three new NDP2021 songs – The Road Ahead, Spirits Anew, and Breathing City here.
- Collecting limited-edition August gamecards and plushies.
- Interacting with August and friends through the “Together with August” AR filter.
- Getting your National Day tattoo game face on with the “Face It Together” AR filter, featuring some delicious new updates.
- Joining the NDP 2021 #DuetWithMe challenge to show off your singing prowess.
- Showcasing your acting skills with the #OurSGSpririt Branded Effect and Hashtag Challenge.
Catch The NDP 2021 Show On Livestream
Celebrate Singapore’s 56th birthday with a virtual bang and join us live on NDPeeps Facebook, YouTube and TikTok as we bring you the long-awaited NDP 2021 Show from The Float @ Marina Bay on 21 August! Don’t miss the exhilarating performances put together by our fellow Singaporeans, as the nation comes together to showcase the theme of this year’s National Day Parade, “Together, Our Singapore Spirit”.
Like to find out more what to expect for the NDP 2021? Visit National Day Parade 2021 for more information.
Update 7 August 2021:
National Day – What to Expect on 9 August 2021
The National Day Ceremonial Parade will take place at The Float @ Marina Bay on 9 August 2021, involving some 600 participants on site, from the four Guard-of-Honour contingents, the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Colours Party, five SAF and Home Team contingents and a combined SAF and Singapore Police Force (SPF) band. Another 200 participants from 9 uniformed youth groups and 12 social and economic organisations will participate via virtual means.
Catch the Ceremonial Parade live at 9am on Facebook and YouTube pages, or on free-to-air broadcast TV channels.
The ceremonial parade will also include the State Flag Flypast, comprising one CH47 Chinook helicopter and two escorting AH-64 Apache Longbow helicopters.
NDP2021 Island Flypasts
Fly Our Flag
Following the ceremonial parade at the Float @ Marina Bay, two Chinook helicopters, each escorted by a pair of AH-64 Apache helicopters and carrying the Singapore flag 1,000ft in the air, will fly across Singapore via two routes from around 9.50am to 10.35am. This will bring the iconic flag flypast closer to Singaporeans in the heartlands, as the nation celebrates as one from our homes on 9 Aug 2021.
a. The Eastern Route will begin at the south of Singapore and will fly along the southeastern and northeastern coastlines of Singapore.
b. The Western Route will also begin at the same time, and will fly along the southwestern and northwestern areas of Singapore.
|Choa Chu Kang|
F-15SG Island Flypast
Flying at over 600km/h and at a height of 1,500ft, the RSAF F-15SG fighter aircraft will fly in a delta formation over Singapore’s heartlands. The Island Flypast will begin at the Float @ Marina Bay at around 9.50am after the conclusion of the ceremonial parade, and conclude after the aircraft lands at Paya Lebar Air Base about 30 minutes later. The close formation of the F-15SG Island Flypast represents how Singaporeans, with our collective strength, resolve and unity, will always forge ahead amid challenging circumstances as one united people.
|Ang Mo Kio|
|Yio Chu Kang|
|Chua Chu Kang|
Update 22 July 2021:
Postponement of NDP to 21 August
1. The National Day Parade (NDP) 2021 originally planned on 9 August 2021 at the Float@Marina Bay will be postponed to 21 August 2021, after the scheduled end of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert). On 9 August 2021, a ceremonial parade will be held instead. It will be similar to the one held last year at the Padang, but will take place at the Float@Marina Bay.
2. The heartland fireworks and Red Lions displays previously announced to be held over the 7 to 8 August weekend will be cancelled.
3. The NDP rehearsal and preview previously planned on 24 July and 31 July 2021 respectively have also been postponed. To prepare for the NDP on 21 August 2021, rehearsals will be conducted later in smaller component groups. Their dates will not be announced, so as to discourage crowds from gathering around Marina Bay.
4. Since 1966, the NDP has been held every year to mark Singapore’s independence. This national event brings together Singaporeans from all walks of life, as one united people to affirm our unity and nationhood. The changes this year will enable NDP 2021 to be held in safer conditions, while maintaining that cherished tradition
Press release by NDP Organising committee.
NDP 2021 will be brought into every Singapore home, with many familiar favourites moving across Singapore throughout the heartlands. Singaporeans can catch these features in person and through live broadcasts over television and online platforms. It will be a digitalised and immersive experience with lots of home engagement activities to encourage audience participation throughout the day.
Below are the highlights for NDP 2021
NDP 2021 begins with a whole weekend of celebrations leading up to 9 August. There will be firework displays in the heartlands, along with crowd favorites such as the Red Lions’ free-fall.
Over the weekend leading up to 9 August, the Red Lions will conduct freefall jumps over various heartland sites, and on 9 August, Singaporeans across the nation can look forward to catching a glimpse of the State Flag flying over the residential areas and some fireworks.
- Heartlands Fireworks (To be updated)
- Red Lions (To be updated)
Parade at The Float
This year’s National Day Parade (NDP) will proceed at The Float @ Marina Bay on Monday, 9 August 2021 to commemorate the 56th year of Singapore’s independence. NDP 2021 is organised by the Singapore Armed Force’s Guards Formation, together with other
public agencies and volunteer groups.
⇒ Related Read: National Day Rehearsal Dates and National Day 2021
Do keep a lookout for more information on these exciting events happening across the island!
For more information about National Day celebrations, visit here.
Singapore’s National Day 2021
Singapore’s 56th Birthday is just around the corner. Check out our list of Things To Do This National Day 2021 Weekend In Singapore.
* * * * *
Stay in touch! Subscribe to our Telegram here for our latest updates.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.