The Singapore Sports Hub is a fully integrated sports, entertainment and lifestyle hub, with programming that comprises world-class recreational and competitive events, as well as community events, to serve children, youth, working adults, seniors, families, and less privileged population segments in Singapore and tourism sectors. Consisting of a unique cluster development of world-class sports facilities within the city, it plays a critical role in accelerating the development of Singapore’s sports industry, excellence and participation. Its vision is to be the region’s premier sports, entertainment and lifestyle destination.
Located on a 35-hectare site in Kallang, the Singapore Sports Hub includes the following facilities:
- A new 55,000-capacity National Stadium with a retractable roof and movable tiered seating
- The iconic Singapore Indoor Stadium
- A 6,000-capacity OCBC Aquatic Centre that meets FINA standards
- A 3,000-capacity OCBC Arena which is scalable and flexible in layout
- Water Sports Centre featuring kayaking and canoeing
- 41,000 sqm Kallang Wave Mall, including indoor climbing wall and Splash-N-Surf facility (Kids Waterpark, Stingray and Lazy River)
- 100PLUS Promenade that encircles the National Stadium
- Singapore Youth Olympic Museum & Singapore Sports Museum
- Sports Hub Library
- Shimano Cycling World
- Daily community facilities and activities, including beach volleyball, hard courts (futsal, basketball and netball) lawn bowls, giant chess, skate park and running & cycling paths.
The Singapore Sports Hub, which is managed by SportsHub Pte Ltd, is one of the largest sporting Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects in the world. It is also Singapore’s largest flagship PPP project of this nature and has won the Project Finance International (PFI) award in London in 2011, World Architecture Festival Awards for Best Future Project in the leisure-led development category in 2013 and Sports Building of the Year in 2014.
How to Get to The Singapore Sports Hub
Address: 1 Stadium Drive Singapore 397629
Bus: 10, 11, 14, 16, 70, 196
Nearest MRT: Stadum MRT
Opening Hours: Daily: 10am – 7pm (Last Admission at 6pm)
Nearby places to check out:
- Old Dove Playground At Dakota
- Kallang Airport Terminal Building
- Tanjong Rhu Lookout Tower
- Kallang Riverside Park
* * * * *
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want to be heard and seen by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.