“This vibrant salad is more than just a refreshing meal starter. The melding of citrus fruits also packs a hefty punch to help you guard against the risks of heart disease.”
– John Sawarto, Bosch Partner Chef
About the Key Ingredients…
Contains an abundance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that assure optimum heart health
Rich in soluble fiber, a known preventative ingredient against heart disease
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 no. Thai green mangoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
- 5 tbsp. Roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. Dried shrimps, lightly toasted
- 4 no. Red bird’s eye chilies
- 5 no. Shallots
- 2 no. Long bean, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp. Brown sugar, or to taste
- 4 tbsp. Fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 no. Lime
- 10 no. Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Extra chopped peanuts (optional)
- Roast peanuts and dried shrimps at 225°C for 3-5 minutes.
*Chef’s tip: Allow the peanuts to be roasted for up to 10 minutes, for slight charring and nutty aroma.
- Skin mangoes with a peeler before slicing them into thin strips with a knife.
- Chop off both ends of shallot before cutting it in half. Peel the outer skin of the shallot with a knife and slice the shallot into thin strips.
- Chop garlic, toasted peanuts, toasted dried shrimps and chili padi briefly. Ensure that the mix is not blended too much – it should have a chunky texture.
- Add brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce to the mix and season to taste.
- Toss the green mango, long beans, shallots, cherry tomatoes with the mixture.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Sprinkle more chopped peanuts for extra texture.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.