- 120g top flour or plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 5 tablespoons corn kernels
- 6 tablespoons grated cheese or chopped
- 6 tablespoons chicken ham, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to season
- Grease the inside of a round tin about 22cm in diameter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together to mix and aerate. In a separate bowl or jug, beat the eggs, milk, sugar, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour, and whisk until just combined. Switch the whisk for a spatula and fold in the ham, corn, cheese, spring onion and corn flakes.
- Once evenly distributed, scrape into the prepared tin.
- Steam on a medium-high heat for 15-18 minutes, until risen and fully cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
This recipe was created by Sarah Benjamin, Kitchen Hoarder blogger and Asian Food Channel Host, in conjunction with the launch of Kellogg’s global hunger relief campaign, Breakfast for Better Days.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.