I believe all parents, like myself, wish they have all the time and energy in the world to bring their kids on a trip to enjoy and to spend quality time together. However, due to reasons such as expensive flight tickets and anticipating the challenge of bringing the young ones on board a plane, many parents tend to push aside the idea of going on an overseas family trip until their children are older.
But it’s definitely still possible to have your well-deserved vacation right here in Singapore. We have found 5 family staycation destinations where you and your family can experience a fuss-free and enjoyable holiday without having to travel out of the country!
1. D’Resort @ Downtown East
Photo credit: D’Resort
Where: 1 Pasir Ris Close, S519599
Room Rates: From $130
Are you looking for a family staycation that provides hotel-like experience and comfort but at pocket-friendly prices? With the D’Resort at Downtown East, it can be possible! D’Resort is Singapore’s first nature inspired resort with an integrated water park experience.
The resort was created with families in mind, offering nine different types of rooms and suites such as the Rainforest Suite, Beach Cove Duplex and Ribena Theme Duplex where your children can explore the world of Ribena with photo spots and in-room treasure hunt. We’re sure you’ll be able to find a room to your family’s liking!
During your stay, there is a wide range of activities that your whole family can engage in:
- Love nature? Check out if there are any ongoing nature tours conducted by U Live Park ambassadors!
- Don’t miss out visiting Wild Wild Wet where both children and adults alike can all have splashing fun
- Rent a bike and go on a family bike adventure! You can follow the suggested cycling routes by D’Resort
Did the weather forecast predict rain? Fret not as there are plenty of indoor activities for the family as well.
- Register for Art Jamming – an activity offered within the resort. Allow your creativity to run freely!
- Skate away at Singapore’s largest indoor skating rink: The Hi Roller
- Catch the latest movies at the Cathay Cineplex
You don’t have to travel out of Singapore to experience a real getaway. Get to enjoy the perfect ‘holiday experience’ at Singapore’s popular holiday island – Sentosa! Conveniently located less than half an hour away from the city centre, Sentosa is an ideal vacation spot for families with its countless family-centric activities and attractions.
2. Costa Sands Resort, Sentosa (Closed with effect from October 2019)
Photo credit: Costa Sands Resort, Sentosa
Where: 30 Imbiah Walk, Sentosa, Singapore 099537
Room Rates: From $69
Located away from the bustling city, Costa Sands Resort at Sentosa is situated on a hill overlooking the Siloso Beach where you can conveniently travel around via Sentosa Express, bus, tram or by foot! For your stay, you can choose between the Deluxe Room (queen-sized or twin beds) or provide your family with the opportunity to experience how it feels like staying in the 1960s at the Kampung Hut (two double-decker beds, common toilet & shower facilities nearby)!
Currently, there are exclusive deals for Costa Sands Resort guests as well!
- 1-for-1 FlowRider session at Wave House Sentosa
Staying in Sentosa can be pocket-friendly as the island provides many interesting activities that are free!
- Enjoy Animal & Bird Encounters, a daily 15-min show at Palawan Beach where the animals and birds showcase delightful tricks!
- The Fort Siloso Skywalk, 11-storeys high and 181 metres long, allows you to enjoy a scenic treetop trek. Also, don’t miss out on the guided tours where you and your family can learn more about the history of Fort Siloso
- End the night with the Lake of Dreams™ show which showcases flaming dragons, water cannons and laser special effects!
3. Gallop Kranji Farm Resort
Photo credit: Gallop Kranji Farm Resort
Where: 10 Neo Tiew Lane 2, Singapore 718813
Room Rates: From $120
Keen to experience a farm stay? Gallop Kranji Farm Resort’s unique kampong-like villas allow guests the opportunity to experience a vacation that is so close to nature. Be surrounded by local farms and get adventurous with outdoor activities such as touring the vegetable and herb plantations and bee nest farm!
You can also go on a guided tour and gain new knowledge about the bird species, particularly the swiftlets that produce bird’s nest, as you walk through the World Of Bird Nest Museum.
Gallop Kranji Farm Resort has 6 different types of accommodations such as the Standard Villa (2 single beds) and a spacious Family Suite that sleeps 8 comfortably with 4 queen-sized beds, ideal for extended families. Or if you’re looking for a more indulgent experience, consider their Executive Villa that comes with a jacuzzi and steam room!
4. Village Hotel Katong
Photo credit: Village Hotel Katong
Where: 25 Marine Parade, Katong, 449536
Room Rates: From $135
Located in the historic Katong area, spot meticulous Peranakan décor and furniture as you enter Village Hotel Katong. Let your children immerse in the different influences that made Singapore who she is today as you take a trip around the area to explore the stretch of unique shophouses and Peranakan restaurants.
You can choose from their 8 different accommodations, each offering the right blend of Peranakan heritage and modern facilities. If you’re looking for a ‘uniquely Singaporean’ experience, you can book their exclusive ‘Made In Singapore’ room, the one-and-only within the hotel! The room is designed by local talents and embodies Peranakan elements throughout.
Make full use of your stay by exploring the hotel and its surroundings!
- Unwind and take in the scenery at the hotel’s outdoor pool at Level 4
- Head over to East Coast Park and enjoy an afternoon out cycling along the beach as a family or enjoy the large children’s playground at Marine Cove!
- Katong is a foodie paradise! Take your family out for a food hunting trip and start with the famous Katong Laksa
Photo credit: Gardenasia
Where: 240 Neo Tiew Crescent, Singapore 718898
Room Rates: From $280
Gardenasia is another farm stay in Singapore which you can consider! Located at the Kranji countryside, feel rejuvenated as you wake up in the morning with nature and greenery surrounding you. It is definitely a breather for us city folks.
Gardenasia has three villas designed to look like colonial houses with different interior concepts – The English, Contemporary and Orient. Each villa consists of a bedroom and dining area. Additionally, Gardenasia is equipped with family-friendly facilities like tennis court, swimming pool and children’s playground where families can spend time playing sports together!
If your family is feeling adventurous, there are activities out of Gardenasia that everybody can participate in!
- Take your family for a walk through the Kranji Heritage Trail or Kranji Reservoir
- Venture out of Gardenasia to visit farms like the Kranji Countryside Farmers’ Market, Jurong Frog Farm and Bollywood Veggies
Wait no longer and start planning your family staycation today!
By Yi Jun and Marinne
*Note: All information is correct at time of publishing.
Want to be featured here? Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.
Stay in touch! Subscribe to our Telegram here for all our latest updates.