Chingay 2020 brings to you “Colours in Harmony”, a dynamic showcase of our multiculturalism and diversity. About 6,000 volunteer performers will be involved in co-presenting this People’s Parade that also marks PA’s 60 years of community building with our people.
Date: 31 January to 1 February 2020
Time: 8pm – 9.30pm
Venue: F1 Pit Building
The word Chingay is equivalent to the Mandarin Zhuang Yi (妆艺), which means “the art of costume and masquerade” in the Hokkien dialect.
Experience a uniquely Singapore multi-cultural extravaganza with a dazzling array of performances and colourful costumes!
A special carnival for parade-goers to indulge in the festivities and interact with the colourful Chingay performers and Floats.
Look out for these exciting highlights!
- Electrifying Opening with release of 200-m long firecrackers
- The World’s Biggest and Longest Flying Dragon
- Highly skilled Stilt walkers vs Sky Runners – Traditional Art vs Contemporary Displays
- Multi-ethnic cultural performances by local talents and international acts
- Stunning display of lights, lasers, pyrotechnic and fireworks!
For more information, visit here.
CHINESE NEW YEAR 2020
We have compiled a list of Where to go during Chinese New Year 2020 especially for our readers. Click on the image to read more.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.