Parenting goes on from birth until the child’s adulthood. This means that in as much as parenting becomes a rewarding experience as the child grows, it is also entailed with different obstacles which parents must overcome.
Advice from professional health care providers like pediatricians and your family doctor could help you pass through challenges and solve common problems.
Infancy and toddler stage are quite difficult to manage. Here are some problems you should anticipate while raising your child:
- Hunger. Feeding is tedious especially for children who are too young to eat alone. In worst cases, preoccupation of the parents regarding child eating is not useful as eating or not eating could be used to control the parents.
- Toilet training. Messy and unhygienic if not practiced at home, toileting is a basic life skill you should endow your children. For infants, diaper changing and cleaning should be mastered. Potty trainers are available for toddlers to learn to use the toilet properly.
- Difficulty in feeding. Choosy kids are not easy to feed. Parents should know what to prepare for their children to get interested in eating and to avoid tantrums during feeding time. Make sure your preparations are creative and enticing without sacrificing the nutrients your child is required to have for good body development.
- Child’s inability to gauge situations. This could lead to asking embarrassing questions asked in public or talking even during adult conversations. Prepare yourself for these unexpected questions.
- Problems with siblings. Avoid favorites and make each child feel that you are recognizing his special abilities. Provide different activities at home that could cater to your children’s various interests.
- Problems with other kids. Playmates are not always allies for your children. They could be their worst enemies. If a child encounters problems with playmates of peers, try to solve it by asking them to relate what happens. Encourage humility to say sorry and to recognize faults. Never favor your child’s side especially if he is wrong.
- Behavior on family gatherings. Children’s excitement to see their cousins of their age would drive them to misbehave sometimes. Before you attend the gathering talk to your child and emphasize that it is not at all play. Tell them to ask you for whatever they need and to seek for permission for whatever they would do in the affair.
These are just few of the many hassles parents might face when raising young children. More problems would come as children reach adolescence. Parents’ ability to solve these issues would prepare them to deal with family difficulties ahead.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.