For the school holidays, the National Library Board (NLB) has curated an exciting lineup of engaging activities and programs at its libraries specifically designed for young minds.
Kids have the opportunity to unleash their creativity by exploring the roles of musicians, bakers, and scientists. They can delve into the basics of coding, kindle their fascination for science, and cultivate an appreciation for the environment through hands-on workshops. Best of all, all programs are free of charge.
Parents and their little ones can anticipate a plethora of enjoyable activities and programs offered by the National Library Board (NLB) throughout the November/December 2023 school holidays. The lineup includes storytelling sessions in English, Chinese, Malay, and Tamil, as well as interactive sessions on clay art, coding, and sustainability. Get ready to discover more and inspire curiosity in your child!
Check them out here.
Key highlights include:
• Storytelling sessions in English, Chinese, Malay, and Tamil at various public libraries.
• [DiscoverTech] Introduction to Scratch Junior Coding at Serangoon Public Library – Children can create their own interactive stories, animations and games using ScratchJr, a programming language designed just for them.
• [Little Artists] EcoJam at Choa Chu Kang Public Library – Children can stimulate their creativity and passion for music by making their own jams, while also using recycled materials to make simple musical instruments.
• [Caring For Our Environment] Upcycle for a Sustainable Singapore at Tampines Regional Library – Children can learn innovative techniques to transform everyday materials into works of art while playing their part towards a more sustainable Singapore.
• [Budding Engineers] Spark Curiosity: Simple Machines at Pasir Ris Public Library – Children can get a glimpse into the fascinating world of simple machines at this interactive DIY science booth, complete with hands-on activities and take-home resources to spark their love for learning.
• [Budding Scientists] Light Up Your Life at Woodlands Regional Library – Children can get into the festive spirit by learning how circuits are used to make pop-up cards, then make their very own for that special someone this Christmas.
• Travel-themed special storytelling sessions at various public libraries – Children can get to learn about different countries through these storytelling sessions, exclusively available at various libraries during the December Holidays.
• Spark!Lab™ Pop-Ups – Children and teens will have the opportunity to transform into young inventors, exploring outside the box with hands-on activities that challenge them to create innovative solutions to different problems.
For more information, visit here.
🎨🎳🎯 Year-End School Holidays 2023 🧩🎭🎪
It is the year-end November & December holidays. We have compiled a list of November-December School Holidays Activities for Kids.
☃️❄️ CHRISTMAS ❄️⛄️
From Christmas markets to carolling sessions to “snow fall“, here’s a list of Christmas Events & Activities where you and your family can soak up the X’mas spirit in Singapore! Don’t forget to check What’s Happening at the Shopping Malls this Christmas.
Looking a Christmas tree to decorate your home or office? Remember to read this post where to buy christmas trees in Singapore.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.