McDonald’s closing of its outlets island-wide sent shock waves across Singapore, leaving many distraught about where to get their fill of soul-comforting Sausage McMuffins, McNuggets and its signature curry sauce. But there’s good news – now we can all recreate these favourites easily from home, and they’ll be healthier, more sustainable (plant-based) and just as tasty!
Check out these “McDo-It-Yourself” recipes from Quorn, the leading meat-free brand. Quorn is not only delicious (you’ll just have to try it to believe it), it’s also an excellent source of high-quality protein, dietary fibre, and contains no cholesterol or trans fats at all – making it perfect for all of us who are trying to stay in shape during this COVID-19 Circuit Breaker (CB).
⇒ Related Read: Vegetarian Diet For Kids
QUORN SAUSAGE MUFFIN WITH EGG
- English Muffin (Get it on Shopee)
- Quorn Sausage Patties
- American Cheese Slice
- Toast the English muffin until golden.
- Season Quorn Sausage Patty with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of oil, fry patty over medium heat, turning frequently.
- Brush the inside of a metal ring with a little oil and place in a small frying pan.
- Pour in just enough water to cover the base then bring to the boil.
- Crack the eggs into the rings, cover the pan and cook for two-three minutes.
- Assemble your meat-free McMuffin by layering the patty and egg on top of a slice of cheese.
QUORN NUGGETS WITH HOMEMADE CURRY SAUCE
- Japanese Curry Stock – 2 CUBES
- Peanut Butter – 2 TBSP
- Soy Sauce – 1.5 TBSP
- Condensed Milk – 6 TBSP
- Japanese Vinegar – 2 TBSP
- Add curry stock, peanut butter to 60ml of water and bring to boil.
- Add in the other ingredients and mix till smooth.
Quorn is currently available in Singapore via RedMart, and at Cold Storage, Market Place, Amazon Prime Now, Sheng Siong, FairPrice Xtra outlets, and selected FairPrice Finest supermarkets.
* * * * *
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want to be heard and seen by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.