The journey to marriage and a lasting matrimony has its highs and lows, but the promise to love and care for each other is everlasting.
In a celebration of love and to spark conversations about the marriage journey, Families for Life (FFL) Council has launched this year’s “I Still Do” in the form of a multi-media digital campaign with online programmes, workshops, DIY gift ideas and useful resources for dating and married couples.
“COVID-19 has impacted everyone in many ways. For dating couples and newlyweds, the evolving safe management measures have caused some to delay their plans in starting a new life together. But there were also many who decided to proceed, with blessings from their families. For this year’s “I Still Do” campaign, we want to celebrate with the couples who took the plunge and overcame all odds to get married amidst COVID-19. We hope this will inspire and encourage other couples not to let COVID-19 hold back their plans; and to take the opportunity to re-affirm their commitment towards each other that despite the highs and lows in life, love will prevail.” said FFL Council member Ms Sim Siew Moon.
“Our Love Language” Social Media Contest on Families for Life Facebook page
(Open to all couples)
Date & Time: 9 March, 4pm – 21 March 11.59pm
Have an interesting take on how you conveyed a love language towards your spouse? Or received a form of affection you would love to share with our community? This contest encourages couples to share their most creative acts of love based on the love language of their significant other. The two most creative and inspiring entries will walk away with the following:
- Winner: 1x 3 Nights Escapade Cruise for 2 on Dream Cruises’ World Dream in a Balcony Stateroom worth $2,760 (Redemption period: 14 Mar to 16 May 2021) *
- Runner-up: UNIQGIFT e-vouchers worth $150, valid till 30 July 2021*
*Terms & conditions apply.
Contest details and participation guidelines can be found on the FFL Facebook page.
Winners will be announced on 31 March 2021.
For more information on “I Still Do” and the full list of programmes and online content, please visit here.
Marriage Preparation Workshop – PREP
(Open to soon-to-wed and newlywed couples)
Date & Time: Ongoing
A wedding is only the first step of a marriage. To help couples build a strong foundation and prepare them on the life journey ahead, FFL has teamed up with partners to offer online marriage preparation workshops that cover a range of topics from communication and conflict resolution to problem solving in a marital relationship and financial planning for couples:
Prevention and Relationship Education Programme (PREP) is an evidence-based marriage and relationship education programme. It is designed based on over 30 years of research in US that aims to help couples to:
- Improve communication and problem-solving skills.
- Attain higher relationship satisfaction; and
- Develop better conflict resolution skills
This workshop is conducted over the weekend (i.e., 2 x-hour sessions over 2 days) and is suitable for couples preparing to get married or have been married for less than 2 years.
For more information on workshop providers, schedule, and charges, please visit here.
More couple workshops are also available here, where rebates are provided by the Ministry of Social and Family Development on selected programmes.
Wide-ranging Online Content
(Open to all couples)
Date & Time: Available mid-March onwards
- “I Still Do” video – To inspire and address marriage concerns raised by couples, FFL will be launching an online video featuring couples who recently tied the knot in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. Tune in to their candid sharing about why they decided to go ahead and how they planned a memorable wedding.
- Curated online articles – Couples can also look forward to marriage-related articles relevant in this pandemic season. Look out for innovative and creative ways to have a memorable wedding celebration despite trying times and pick up tips on rediscovering the romance in marriages to keep the spark alive in relationships.
It’s the weekend and are you looking for things / activities to do? Check out our weekly roundup of Things To Do This Weekend In Singapore.
* * * * *
Stay in touch! Subscribe to our Telegram here for our latest updates.
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.