The Year of the Rat has made its appearance at Changi Airport with a plethora of activities to entertain the whole family. From exciting retail and dining offers, going on treasure hunts to snapping photos with special horticulture displays, welcome the new year with your family at Changi Airport!
⇒ Related Read: 10 Chinese New Year Dos and Don’ts
More than 70%[i] of shops at Changi Airport’s public areas are open throughout the Chinese New Year (CNY) period[ii]. Plus! Enjoy 2-hour of free parking[iii] on weekdays when you shop and dine at Changi Airport.
Att-rat-tive horticulture displays (From now to end February)
Lunar New Year horticulture displays at T2 Departure South
What’s a visit to Changi Airport without some Instagrammable photos at the airport’s special CNY themed horticulture displays?
• Strike a pose with adorable mice dressed in traditional Chinese costumes! These furry friends will welcome visitors with lucky ingots and auspicious new year greetings! The tallest installation measures up to 3m tall.
• The horticulture displays are decorated with red and yellow plants to add to the festive spirit. Visitors can expect to see Spring flowering plants like the Peach Blossom, Red Pussy Willow, Mini Orange Tree and more.
• Catch these displays at any of the 17 different locations around Changi. Three of the five main displays are located at T2 Departure Public area (opposite Starbucks), T3 Departure Public area (near Crowne Plaza Hotel) and T3 Basement 2 garden.
Win attractive prizes when you shop at Changi Airport (From now to 3 February)
• iShopChangi.com, Changi Airport’s online tax- and duty-free store, is bringing additional CNY perks to you through a QR Code Treasure Hunt[iv] at Terminal 3 from now till 9 February! Simply solve a riddle to guess where the hidden treasures might be, then scan the corresponding QR code on the rotating luggage belt of zodiac animals to reveal your grand prize. Be the first to finish the race to win S$50 Changi gift cards, Chow Tai Fook Year of the Rat gold coins (worth S$50), iShopChangi e-vouchers and more! Plus, if you’re flying off from now till 16 February, shop online and receive more than S$288[v] off on top of your tax-free purchases – exclusively available online.
Hunt down QR codes to reveal the grand prize! Fastest fingers first!
• If you’re shopping at Jewel, stand a chance to win a host of attractive vouchers with sure-win game A Shine Of Luck at Jewel Changi Airport[vi]! From now to 2 February, catch as many virtual fortune cookies as you can.
Escape the city crowd and dine at Changi Airport (From now to 9 February)
If you have not made plans for your family get-togethers this CNY, there’s no lack of options at Changi Airport.
• Family favourites such as A-One Signature, Paradise Dynasty, Peach Garden and Soup Restaurant Heritage are offering delectable reunion dinner set menus – perfect for family feasting throughout the festive period!
SORA’s Golden Prosperity Yusheng
• If you’re the one tasked to get the Yusheng, why not try something different this year? SORA’s Golden Prosperity Yusheng from Kuro Maguro features premium-grade sashimi imported from Kanagawa Prefecture (choose from salmon, maguro and even bara chirashi-style sashimi), paired with homemade tangy yuzu sauce. Fans of salted egg will like Pink Fish’s rendition of the festive must-have – their “Pink of Health” Yusheng includes salmon cubes and golden salted egg fish crisps. And don’t miss Tiger Street Lab’s Snow Pear Fire Crackle Yusheng which is served with thinly sliced snow pear and abalone.
• For a unique dining experience this CNY, dine under the stars at Herit8ge. Enjoy the 8-course menu at Jewel’s Canopy Park and savour hearty delights like their Spring’s Flavourful Catch with sea cucumber, crab meat, scallops and more, and their Bountiful Blessings, succulent 3-layer pork braised in Chinese herbs.
Spreading festive cheer with CNY themed activities (From now to 2 February)
Travelling this CNY period? You can still soak in the joyous festivities en route to your holiday with a calendar of events happening in transit.
• The little ones can get crafty with a line-up of DIY handicraft activities! They can try their hand on making mandarin oranges with mesh netting, have fun with zodiac clay making and learn how to fold a Rat origami.
• There are also photo opportunities with CNY-themed props and roving lion dance troupes. Keep a look out for the God of Fortune mascot!
[i] Terminal 1, 2, 3 and 4 excluding food courts.
[ii] 24, 25, 26 January 2020.
[iii] Spend a minimum of S$35 by Mastercard® (S$50 by other payment modes) in a single, same-day receipt at participating F&B restaurants or cafés on weekdays from 10am to 11pm to enjoy two (2) hours of free parking. Excluding public holidays.
[iv] Pop-up is located at T3 L2, Departure Hall, opposite check-in row 11. No minimum spend required. Simply subscribe to iShopChangi’s newsletter at the registration booth to enter. Open from Fridays to Sundays, 11am to 9pm.
[v] Get over S$288 in savings with iShopChangi’s Chinese New Year promo codes: (i) apply “CNY18OFF” for S$188 off S$258; “CNY38OFF” for S$38 off S$458; “CNY88OFF” for S$88 off S$888 and “CNY138OFF” for S$138 off S$1,288.
[vi] Each user will only be given a total of 3 tries to win 1 prize per day.
Photo credits: Changi Airport Group
CHINESE NEW YEAR 2021
We have compiled a list of Where to go during Chinese New Year 2021 especially for our readers. Click on the image to read more.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.