Immersive light and sound attraction to be free all year round
Sentosa‘s guests will soon discover Siloso Beach in a whole new light when it transforms into the calming and captivating Magical Shores at Siloso every night, starting 23 January 2020. Featuring vivid light, sound, and mist effects across a 400-metre stretch of Siloso Beach, Magical Shores at Siloso will leverage Sentosa’s beach assets to bring two islets to life, as well as novel interactive areas where guests immerse themselves in soothing sounds of the island and interact with light art on the sands. Senior Minister of State for Trade and Industry and Education, Mr Chee Hong Tat, officially opened the attraction this evening.
Magical Shores at Siloso is Singapore’s first multi-sensory, interactive beach light art attraction. Comprising four acts, the attraction will offer an experience unique to Sentosa.
Taking centre stage are two islets across the waters, which will be bathed in lights, dreamy fog, and tranquil music to transport guests to an ethereal island. Watch the trees come alive as a relaxing light and sound symphony accentuate the raw beauty of the natural landscape. In another novel highlight, guests can look forward to interacting with light art on the sands, inspired by diverse elements ranging from water flow to marine creatures. As part of the four acts, guests will also be treated to a three-minute flourish of multi-coloured projections lighting up the night sky every 15 minutes.
Magical Shores at Siloso will run from 7.30pm to 10.30pm all year round, offering guests a relaxing and “Instagrammable” getaway after a day of fun or a hard day’s work.
Magical Shores at Siloso is the latest night offering launched as part of Sentosa Development Corporation’s (SDC) multi-pronged approach to strengthen the island’s position as a night destination through more novel, after-dusk leisure experiences for locals and tourists. The attraction is part of Sentosa’s constant rejuvenation to make the island fresh and exciting for guests to visit again and again.
Senior Minister for Trade and Industry and Education, Mr Chee Hong Tat said: “The number of night time events on Sentosa has grown by a third, from 460 to 630. Overall local visitorship has also risen by 23% between April and November 2019, compared to the previous year. We are encouraged by these positive results, and will press on with our further plans to rejuvenate Sentosa, to enhance its position as an interesting destination for both Singaporeans and tourists.”
Among other leisure offerings that have recently been launched for Sentosa’s evening crowd are the newly-opened Rumours Beach Club from Bali, 1-V:U at The Outpost Hotel, as well as the ongoing Asian Night Market: Taiwan Food Festival featuring Ningxia Night Market from 16 January to 9 February 2020. Guests can also enjoy other after-dusk leisure experiences in Sentosa, with the majority of food and beverage establishments and close to a third of the island’s attractions open until 9pm or later. Visitors who choose to stay on can also chill out at bars and beach clubs, many of which operate until late. In addition, SDC recently wrapped up its third iteration of Island Lights, featuring interactive light art installations by local and international artists at Sentosa Cove Village.
Upcoming day-to-night offerings include Stacks at Siloso, a new lifestyle enclave comprising food and beverage establishments, attractions, and event spaces. When opened, the mixed-use container development, located at the western end of the island, will also feature magnificent waterfront and harbour views for guests. More information will be shared in the coming weeks.
Getting to Magical Shores at Siloso
From 23 January 2020 to 9 February 2020, guests can use the code “SentosaSpring” to enjoy $5 off their Grab ride. The code is valid until 8pm daily and limited redemptions are available. The nearest Grab Pick-Up and Drop-Off point is at Beach Station.
From Beach Station, simply stroll or hop on the free Beach Shuttles to get to Magical Shores at Siloso.
Guests can also reach Beach Station via the following travel modes:
- Stroll in for free via the Sentosa Boardwalk. Once in Sentosa, guests enjoy free travel on the Sentosa Express and Sentosa’s Beach Shuttles.
- Take the Sentosa Express from VivoCity, Level 3. Selected TransitLink concession card holders enjoy 50% off the transport fare.
- Take SBS Transit’s Service 123 and alight at Beach Station. Only the prevailing distance-based bus fare applies and no island admission fee is charged.
- Drive in via the Sentosa Gateway for $2 after 5pm, and park at Beach Station (Parking fee: at $0.02/min before 5pm, $2.40 per entry from 5pm – 7am).
For more information, please visit here.
Factsheet on Magical Shores at Siloso
Magical Shores at Siloso is Singapore’s first interactive beach light art attraction – a multisensory showcase that transforms Siloso Beach into a calming and captivating night-time spectacle.
Spanning 400m across Siloso Beach, the calming and captivating Magical Shores at Siloso will immerse guests in a soothing symphony of light, sound and mystical fog.
The attraction includes two novel interactive areas where guests can immerse in soothing sounds of the island and interact with light art on the sands.
Two islets located across the waters will also take center stage as they get bathed in lights, a dreamy fog, and tranquil music that will transport guests to an ethereal island.
Magical Shores at Siloso is set to dazzle island guests from 23 January 2020, from 7.30pm to 10.30pm every night, in 15-minute cycles.
Guests can look forward to key acts including:
a) Nocturnal Awakening
- Experience the “awakening” of Siloso Beach with magical movements on sand.
- Interactive art, inspired by diverse elements ranging from water flow to marine creatures, are projected onto the beach at two areas where they will interact with guests.
b) Islet Whispers
- Marvel as a mysterious cloud of fog and lights emerge from over the islets, flowing over the waters and merging with the projections on the beach, amid the soothing sounds of Sentosa.
c) Force of Nature
- Watch the trees come alive as a relaxing light and sound symphony accentuate the raw beauty of the natural landscape.
- Lights from the islets will change colours and intensity, as they track movements on the beach and reflect off the waters.
d) New Peaks
- In a spellbinding flourish of colour, multi-coloured projections will light up the night sky.
- New Peaks lasts three minutes, and takes place every 15 minutes.
Photos credit: Sentosa Development Corporation
Want to be heard and seen by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.