One of the best ways to teach the essentials of English phonics to children is through games. Those games are not only fun but they, too, develop your child’s ability to listen and promote excellent motor enhancement. Online games have been proven to improve a child’s hand and eye coordination and other basic life skills that make him a better individual. As you turn to online games for that significant aid in teaching your child phonics at home, it is recommended that you take some of these tips:
7 Tips on How to Choose Good Phonics Online Game
1. Opt for an online game that captures your child’s interest. Most often these games dwell into nursery rhymes and songs in which a child can fill in the missing word while singing along. Music has long been interesting to anyone of any age. Let the advantages of music and rhymes work on your child’s retention of sounds.
2. Choose games with interesting colors and characters. As flashcards work effectively in hands-on teaching, online games you could choose should have interesting images with bright colors that captivate the young. Usually, games that employ education cartoons will definitely boost your child’s interest in learning.
3. Choose those games that hold your child’s interest and will make them look forward to learning phonics. Action-packed games which your child can imitate while sounding off letters is good as they can be done by your child even when offline.
4. Games must have levels catering to your child’s learning ability. Most online games, have to be divided into categories of beginner, intermediate and advance to indicate your child’s improvement.
5. Opt for games that provide visual and auditory assistance. That is being able to involve both the child’s listening and visual skills to make learning more meaningful.
6. Online programs that feature activities to reinforce recognition and formation of letters are also advisable. Children can either engage in puzzle or word formations.
7. Click-on games that improve not just your child’s spelling skills but also his pronunciation and diction.
Researchers have proven that the child who was taught phonics at an early age grew to be an excellent reader. If you are a working parent and have rare free time to spend with your kids, choose an online game that falls into the given criteria above. Phonics learning is just within your child’s reach. You just have to scan all possibilities for good materials that can help you teach the basics of phonics to your kids.
More related articles
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.