Kite flying is a very affordable sport that can help in family bonding. All you need is a kite, strings and open space (except restricted areas). We round up the 10 Best Places To Fly Kite in Singapore. (You can get good and affordable kites via Decathlon).
#1 Marina Barrage
This is one of the most popular place to fly kite.
#2 West Coast Park
#3 East Coast Park
#4 Jurong Central Park
#5 Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park
#6 Sembawang Park
#7 Punggol Waterway Park
#8 Bukit Timah – Old Holland Road
There is a huge open space at Old Holland Road which is also popular for drone flying, remote helicopters and aeroplanes.
#9 Sun Plaza Park
#10 Woodlands Drive 17
There is a big open space beside Parc Rosewood.
Kite safety Tips
- Do not fly your kite during a thunderstorm as wet kite line conducts electricity.
- Avoid flying near roads, MRT tracks, trees, power lines and other obstacies such as lamp posts, and antennas.
- Fly below 60 meters and never within 5 km of an airport. For more information, check out CAAS guidelines.
- Be sure not to engage kite lines with other kite flyers.
- As wind direction and intensity can change very quickly, protective gloves are recommended to protect yourself when you need to pull your kite strings from gusting wind conditions.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.