For the first time in more than 10 years, the Great Moscow Circus is in town! A star-studded affair full of glitz and heart-stopping action, catch the circus now in its million-dollar Big Top tent specially commissioned for this Singapore performance.
We are giving away a family pack of four tickets to one lucky reader! Read till the end of the post.
Before diving into the highlights of the show, did you know how the circus came about? Here are fun facts:
- An Englishman by the name of Philip Astley is considered ‘the father of modern circus’.
- An equestrian who opened Astley’s Amphitheatre in 1770, Astley expanded the performances from riders and galloping horses to include clowns, jugglers, tightrope walkers and more.
- A former employee of Astley’s, Charles Hughes also opened a circus and his troupe soon began touring across England and other areas, including St Petersburg, Russia.
- While its popularity suffered during the First World War, the Russian circus rose to acclaim after the Soviet communist regime and many Russian troupes soon toured the world under ‘The Great Moscow Circus’.
- Today, there are more than 5,000 full-time Russian circus performers supported by a cast of almost 10,000 workers.
Many spectacular acts await you at the Great Moscow Circus!
The funniest clowns, daredevil motorcyclists and skillful jugglers and illusionists will be out in full force, promising a show that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Here are a few highlights:
1. Aerialists Katya and Anton Markov
With no safety nets or harnesses, hold your breath as the couple twist and turn up to fourteen metres above the ring, in a mesmerizing display of gymnastic finesse.
2. Fast Track Acrobats
Timing, precision and teamwork? All these are elements that bring together a world-class acrobatic act presented by one of the premiere troupes of the Great Moscow Circus. Led by Maxim Rubtsov, the acrobats twist, turn and leap their way in a carefully choreographed act that promises non-stop acrobatic action.
3. The Globe of Death
Easily the most death-defying motorcycle act you will ever see, stay at the edge of your seats as you witness FIVE revving motorbikes moving at top speed within the same steel globe! Watch out for the exciting finale as the globe opens up to show the motorcyclists speeding round in a daring, gravity-defying display!
4. Rola Bola
Not just another balancing act, Sascha Williams builds tension in the air as he goes higher and higher up on objects thrown to him by his partner. More challenge? Yes, he can even perform while balancing on cylinders. This is multi-tasking at its absolute best!
Every seat in the Big Top will provide a great view of this thrilling, action-packed show. A sure treat for families, gather your families and head down today.
The Great Moscow Circus performs in a ring 10 metres in diameter, bringing the audience almost within arm’s reach of the performances! A striking light show of an astounding 150 lights complement the circus performances and add to the overall enjoyment of the show.
The Great Moscow Circus: School Holiday Shows Now On Sale!
Come and experience the show all of Singapore is talking about with a limited-time offer of 25% OFF all shows! Hurry, offer expires midnight Tuesday, 13 November.
Performance schedule and tickets are now available online at sistic.com.sg.
The Great Moscow Circus x The New Age Parents Giveaway
Stand a chance to win a family pack of 4 tickets (2 adults + 2 children) worth $95 each!
Show date: 18 Nov 2018, Sunday
Show time: 6.30pm
To take part in the giveaway, follow the steps below:
2. Join New Age Mummies & Daddies SG Facebook group.
3. Tag 2 friends who would love to catch The Great Moscow Circus in our Facebook post. Make sure your post is public!
4. Bonus chances to win if you follow us on Instagram! Comment your IG username in our FB contest post so that we can identify you.
Giveaway ends 13 November 2018 12pm.
- Show date and time cannot be changed.
- Winners will be notified via email.
- E-tickets will be emailed to the winner.
For more contests and giveaways, go to The New Age Parents Contest Page.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.