Ginger Prawns with Zespri® Gold Kiwifruit
- 2 Zespri® Gold Kiwifruit
- 1 kg (2 lb) ‘Green’ (uncooked) prawns
- 1/2 cup pickled ginger, drained
- Prepare the prawns. If frozen, thaw slowly in the refrigerator. Twist off the heads and peel, leaving the small piece on the tail intact. Slit down the back of each one with a sharp knife and extract the black or orangey red vein running right down the length
- Rinse the prawns and pat dry with kitchen paper
- Either steam in a colander over a saucepan of simmering water, or, shallow-fry in an oiled pan. When cool, cut the prawns on the underside to form a cavity in each one. Chop the ginger and put into a bowl. Peel and finely dice the Zespri® Gold Kiwifruit and mix with the ginger. Fill into the prawn cavities. Serve immediately
Zespri® Green Kiwifruit Pancakes
- 4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Strawberry jam
- Beat together baking mix, milk, eggs and nutmeg until smooth. Peel and trim ends from Zespri® Green Kiwifruit. Dice fruit and stir into cake batter
- Spoon approximately ½ cup batter onto lightly greased, heated pan. Cook until edges are dry and bubbles appear. Flip pancakes and cook until gold brown
- Arrange pancakes on serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with strawberry jam
For more yummy recipes, go to our recipe page!
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.
Leave a Comment: