Check out a few of our favorite family-friendly features and hacks to help make your everyday life just that little bit easier.
Be More Organised with These Google Hacks
1. Keep your life organised with Google Calendar
- Too many things going on? Keep track of everyone’s schedules with multiple calendars.
- Colour code calendars for easy differentiation.
- Set-up notifications so you’ll never miss an important event.
2. Meet the Google Assistant – Your very own personal assistant
- An intelligent voice-powered personal assistant designed to provide convenience through two-way conversations.
- Simply say “Ok Google” and get it to find answers to everyday questions instantly – like “How do I get to the nearest Post Office?”, or even get it to sing Happy Birthday!
3. Save every memory with Google Photos
- Edit, share and backup your precious moments on one app. You’ll never run out of space with Google Photos’ unlimited storage.
- Let machine learning do the hard work of sorting your photos, and organising them so you can search by family member.
- Create collages and mini videos with Google Photos Assistant. Try it for Father’s Day!
4. Preserve old photos with PhotoScan
- Not sure what to do with all those old printed photos? With PhotoScan, you can turn them into digital copies within seconds
Remove any glare, crop or edit the photos so they’re good to keep forever.
- Store and share them using Google Photos.
5. Search your way to the answers for difficult questions
- Find the answers to tricky homework questions quickly with a simple search query, like “What is half of pi?”
- Use the Google Search bar as a calculator, by typing in calculations like “49% of 180” or even longer strings like “5*60+12/4”
- Or simply ask a question like “How many islands are there in Singapore?”
6. Explore the world with Google Street View
- Street View puts the world at your fingertips – you can hike the Inca Trail to explore Machu Picchu in Peru, visit the Taj Mahal in India, or dive Australia’s Great Barrier Reef – all in a single app.
- Pop your phone into a Google Cardboard for a virtual reality experience.
7. Pick up a new language with Google Translate
- Spark your kids’ interest in another language by translating foreign words and phrases into English or vice-versa.
- Going on a family holiday? Use Word Lens on your phone to scan and instantly translate languages such as Korean, Japanese and more!
8. Show family-friendly results with Google Safe Search
- Filter out mature and inappropriate content on Google Search by turning on “Safe Search” in your Search settings.
- Safe Search works on mobile devices too!
9. Educate and entertain with YouTube Kids
- A standalone video app built with parents and children in mind.
- Limit your child’s video watch time with a timer setting.
- The parental control settings allows you to decide what kids can and cannot watch.
10. Video-call your loved ones with Google Duo
- No matter which country you’re in, stay connected with your loved ones with Google’s smart video-calling app.
- Switch from 4G to Wi-Fi seamlessly without interrupting the call.
- Preview video calls before picking up with Duo’s “Knock-Knock” feature.
Download these apps from the Google Play Store or Apple Store to get started.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.