Celebrate Every MOMent with Love this Mother’s Day with Breast Cancer Foundation
Meaningful events and activities for you to celebrate with Mummy dearest
To celebrate Mother’s Day, Breast Cancer Foundation (BCF), in collaboration with various partners such as CNP Cosmetics and SAFRA Mount Faber, has planned a series of events and activities to help you make this Mother’s Day an extra special one. The events are also designed to raise awareness about breast cancer and highlight the importance of early detection through regular screening.
1. Go for a Free* Mammogram Screening with the Community Mammobus Programme (Feb 2018 – 29 Jan 2019)
It’s time for you to be the naggy long-winded well-meaning “Mum” in the relationship by reminding Mummy to go for a mammogram screening. You might very well know this fact but Mummy should also be aware that 1 in 14 women will develop breast cancer before the age of 75. However, early detection through regular screening can save lives, as the survival rates of women who are diagnosed in Stage 1 of breast cancer is 96.1 percent1!
Put your love and concern into action by bringing her along for a mammogram screening!
Launched in February 2018, the Community Mammobus Programme is a collaborative effort between BCF, Singapore Cancer Society (SCS), and National Healthcare Group Diagnostics (NHGD) that seeks to provide funding assistance to make mammogram screenings more affordable (read: FREE for first-time screeners*!) for women.
Screenings on board the Mammobus cost between $0 to $35 for women who are eligible* (get the screening done together with your Mum as well if you’re aged 40 and above).
The Mammobus will be coming to these locations listed below. Please also note that slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis and pre-registrations are required.
^The Mammobus will be heading to various locations across Singapore in the coming months, which were voted for by members of the public. To view the full results of the poll, head on to here.
Take the first step today by calling the above organisers directly to register your slots. If you wish to book the whole Mammobus for community group or corporate events, please call us at 6933 4736.
*Please refer to Appendix I for the eligibility and subsidised cost of mammogram under the Community Mammobus Programme by Breast Cancer Foundation, Singapore Cancer Society, and National Healthcare Group Diagnostics.
2. Pamper Mummy dearest with a Beauty and Skincare Workshop (11 May 2018)
Treat your mother by taking part in a free Beauty and Skincare Workshop together! Alfred Tan, Senior Marketing & Communications Manager from Korea’s leading derma skincare cosmetics brand, CNP Laboratory, will be sharing basic skincare steps, as well as the ingredients to look out for and avoid when purchasing skincare products. The workshop will also share tips on how you can care for sensitive and easily-stimulated skin types in general (cancer survivors would find this particularly useful as their skin type would change during post-chemotherapy/cancer treatment).
¹Source: National Registry of Diseases Office, Singapore
Conducted in partnership with BCF, you will also walk away with door gifts of travel-sized items including Propolis Deep Moisture Pack, a CNP BEST Gift Box, and many other products.
Date: 11 May 2018 (Friday)
Time: 11am – 12pm
Venue: BCF Office 5 Stadium Walk, Kallang Leisure Park, #04-03/08, Singapore 397693
Be sure to register fast via here as there are only 35 slots available for this workshop!
3. Stay healthy at SAFRA Mount Faber Fun, Fit, and Fab (13 May 2018)
Have a blast at SAFRA Mount Faber’s Fun, Fit, and Fab – a Mother’s Day event hosted by SAFRA Mount Faber in collaboration with BCF to raise awareness for breast cancer through a series of interactive and exciting programmes:
- Gift-crafting workshops: Flower arrangement classes where you can put together a bloom box made with a variety of seasonable blooms. The workshop fees are $90 for SAFRA Members and $110 for guests, and 5% of workshop fees will be donated to BCF.
- Free fitness programmes: Fitness programmes, including Nirvana Fitness, Pound, Zumba, Pop Pilates, KpopX Fitness, and Salsation, will be held throughout the day from 12.30pm – 6.30pm.
- Free Mammobus screening: The Mammobus will be stopping by SAFRA Mount Faber from 9am – 3.30pm for free mammogram screenings for SAFRA Dependent members aged 40 and above.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Talk: Organised by BCF members and survivors, BCF will share more information on breast cancer, breast self-examinations, and how everyone can play a part in the fight against breast cancer.
- Complimentary express nail painting: With a donation or minimum spending of $20 (SAFRA Member) or $30 (Guest) on the activities or merchandise from the BCF booth, you can enjoy complimentary express nail painting.
Date: 13 May 2018 (Sunday)
Time: 11am – 7pm
Venue: SAFRA Mount Faber, Atrium and Ballroom, 2 Telok Blangah Way Singapore 098803
Register for the above activities and find out more here (or email SAFRA / tel: 6377 3681).
4. Make a difference with BCF’s Donation Drive (30 Apr – 31 May 2018)
After indulging in the Mother’s Day festivities, why not make a difference in another woman’s day by playing a part in BCF’s Donation Drive?
Make a meaningful donation today via here.
Want to be heard and seen by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.