Recommended Age: 2.5 years and above
Time needed: 15 to 20 minutes
Recommended read: Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle
- Seahorse Template (You may download it here)
- Double-sided Tape
- Masking Tape
- A Pair of scissors
- Pipe Cleaner
- A Pair of Googly Eyes
- S-Shape Hook (12 cm x 5 cm)
- A Variety of Craft Materials
- Decorate the Seahorse template and cut it out.
- Attach the S-Shape hook on one of the reverse side of the template with a piece of masking tape.
- Attach 3 pieces of double-sided tape onto the other reverse side of the template.
- Put the pipe cleaner between the top of the S-Shape hook and the template.
- Twist it together to create a hook.
- Peel off the double-sided tapes and stick the cutout together.
- Stick on the Googly eyes on both sides of the template.
Have fun making your seahorse hooks!
Contributed by Jean Chu, GRAM’s Learning Centre.
Ms. Jean has been with GRAM’s Learning Centre since 2011 as a GooeyGRAM programme developer, a programme that caters to children aged between 3 to 6. She is a qualified Early Childhood educator and holds a Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Education with more than 5 years of working experience in international preschools. She is currently pursuing her Degree in Early Childhood Education.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.