Did you know children’s skin can absorb 40% to 50% more than adults of what is applied to their skin? Imagine how much more absorbent a newborn baby’s skin is to the toxins in the environment.
Instead of buying whatever simply looks cute or was on sale, how can you protect your baby from such distress due to allergies from incompatible products?
Here are some factors you should look out for when choosing personal care products for your newborn.
1. Check whether products are clinically and dermatologically tested
According to BZU BZU (Bee-zoo Bee-zoo), a Singapore personal care brand, health issues caused by toxins could result in skin allergies, cancer, infertility and learning disabilities.
That’s why this local company derives its formulation from Japan, and all its products are clinically and dermatologist tested. BZU BZU also advises parents to choose products that are hypoallergenic, tear-free, PH balanced, non-sticky and most importantly, free from toxic substances.
2. Look out for toxic substances
BZU BZU shared some examples of artificial skin irritants or harmful ingredients that may cause long-term side effects to our babies such as:
- Talcum Powder: known to cause cancers in and around the lungs when inhaled
- Silicone: known to cause lung disease
- Fluorescence: known to cause skin irritation/disease
- Mineral Oil: acts as a plastic wrap on the skin, inhibiting the skin’s ability to release toxins.Sulfate: can cause irritation to fragile baby skin, and if in contact with eyes, will affect growing tissues
- DEA/TEA/MEA: These chemicals are hormone-disrupting and can cause allergic reactions which include dryness of hair, skin and eye infections if exposed over a long period
- Formaldehyde: May cause watery eyes, burning sensations in the eyes, nose, throat and skin irritation. Long term exposure is linked to cancer
- Asbestos: known to cause scarring in the lungs
- Paraben: May cause an allergic skin reaction
- Alcohol: Commonly used in products to make them dry quickly and may irritate baby’s skin
Instead of the above toxic substances, BZU BZU adds 9 natural functional ingredients to protect the skin of your newborn baby such as:
- Yuzu Ceramide: offers healing, moisturising and anti-wrinkle activity
- Algae: anti-ageing properties by preventing enzymes that break down collagen in the skin thus, improving hydration and suppleness
- Okura: protects the skin from dehydration
In addition, some products like BZU BZU’s Baby Head-To-Toe wash contains Inositol to nourish your baby’s skin and Vitamin E to moisturise.
3. Choose personal care products formulated for specific age groups
As our babies grow, they need lots of sleep to grow and build their immunity. BZU BZU uses DreamScentz – a scent technology that enhances sleeping behaviour resulting in better sleep quality, in some products such as its Head-to-Toe Body Wash and Cooling Baby Lotion.
To further cater to specific age groups, BZU BZU has three ranges:
- Newborn to 3 years old
- Kids aged 4 to 12 years old
- Family range
All products do not contain artificial toxins or irritants and they use premium ingredients at a price range that is considered affordable for the quality of its ingredients.
One popular product is its Head-To-Toe Baby Wash, which not only has the Calming Scent from DreamScentz, but includes Oubaku (anti-inflammatory, a mild antioxidant and strong anti-bacterial effect) and peach leaf (boost skin hydration, a natural antioxidant and calms irritation).
BZU BZU also has both girls’ and boys’ shampoo for 4 to 12 years old. Its Silky Soft girls’ shampoo has milk protein, Vitamin B5 and E to restructure and rebuild hair and boost hair with a healthy glow. The Fresh Cooling boys shampoo has Vitamin B5 too and Melissa Balm Mint to soothe and calm itchy scalp.
How do I purchase BZU BZU products for my children?
BZU BZU’s shower series are available at selected Hao Halal Hub, selected Haomart outlets, Haomart MEGASTORE, Haomart EXCELLENTE, selected Sheng Siong outlets, selected Prime supermarkets or you can get them online at bzubzuglobal.com, Lazada and Shopee.
This family care brand is currently running various promotions at supermarkets and online platforms.
– Get a FREE Foldable Wash Basin (worth $15.50) with any BZU BZU Body Wash or Shampoo 600ml purchased at participating Sheng Siong and Prime supermarkets
– Promotion is valid till 31 March 2021 or while stocks last
– FREE Studio Photography Session (worth $545) to be won when you spend $25 nett and above at BZU BZU official stores at LazMall and Shopee Mall
– Total of 5 winners will be picked
– Entry is automatic, once the qualifying amount has been fulfilled, BZU BZU will automatically register your entry
– Promotion is valid till 31 March 2021
To find out more about BZU BZU, visit bzubzuglobal.com.
This post is brought to you by BZU BZU.
By Julia Chan.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.