Working with Partner Chef Joseph Yeo, Bosch created this yummy and healthy recipe that is sure to please your taste buds and tummy.
- Carrots: Contain vitamins A, K and C, all of which have different benefits for the heart
- Oranges: The fiber, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in oranges all support heart health
- Ginger: Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of ginger decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 kg Carrots – washed, peeled and sliced thinly
- 100 ml Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 50 g White onion – peeled and sliced
- 20 g Chopped garlic
- 1 L Chicken stock
- 20 g Fresh thyme
- 2 Oranges – peeled and cut one into wedges
- To Taste Salt and white pepper powder
- 5 g Sea salt crystal
- 5 g Fresh ground black pepper
- 10 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g Dried candied ginger
- In a heated medium pot, add oil and onion.
- Fry till softened and add garlic, carrots and butter.
- When slightly softened, add chicken stock, orange juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer to allow carrots to cook and flavours to infuse.
- Remove the thyme. With a sieve, strain ingredients from the soup and set aside half of the strained liquid.
- Blend the ingredients. Adjust the consistency of the soup with the blended ingredients to your preference.
- Adjust taste of soup with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with dried candied ginger, sea salt crystal, fresh ground pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
This recipe was by Bosch Partner Chef Joseph Yeo.
If you find this article useful, do click Like and Share at the bottom of the post, thank you.
Want more comprehensive info? Check out our e-guides here.