A course for children from 4-9 years
Give your children a head-start with the Victoria Carlton Program!
- Our approach to phonics is proven to help children perform at a level at least 1 year ahead of their academic year level.
- Our approach to reading skills will give your children an appreciation of quality literature, increase comprehension and fluency and lead children to a life-long love of reading!
- This is not a “one size fits all” approach. It is a “boutique” approach to tuition, developed over many years of teaching, observations and research by Victoria Carlton. Her methods have been used with great success in Australia for over 20 years and we are now able to offer this engaging, successful program in Singapore.
This approach to literacy closely resembles the one used at INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR EXCELLENCE in Perth, Western Australia. Thousands of children have been helped to reach their full academic potential at Victoria’s Centre in Perth. (www.ice-au.com)
She has been offering MASTERY training to Singaporean teachers & students in her approach. This course will be facilitated by the graduates of the Victoria Carlton Mastery program and Victoria herself will be present for the first and the last sessions* at every term. Enrollments will be by term, and you will be invited to re-enrol your children each term. Preference is always given to previously enrolled students. Children will be taught at their individual levels, while still benefiting from group experiences. As literacy is very much a socially based skill, it is important that oral language & social interaction are a part of the program.
This course will-
- Improve phonics and reading fluency
- Deepen comprehension skills
- Accelerate spelling and writing development
- Ensure children recognise basic sight words with ease
- Build a firm base for all future English skills
- Improve pronunciation, vocabulary and oral language skills
- Improve understanding of punctuation and grammar skills
The course is very “hands-on” and children will love the learning games and multi-sensory approach we take to literacy teaching. All the lesson plans are supplied directly from Perth by Victoria to give the child the most up-to-date support and teaching.
There will be suggested homework suggestions each week. All children will be presented with a certificate of attendance and attainment and you will receive a short evaluation of their progress. Victoria will be assessing the children at the beginning and the end of each term*. Course fee is payable at the beginning of each term.
27 September 2010 Mon 2.00pm to 4.00 pm by Victoria Carlton (First session is free)
15 hours/10 sessions (1.5 hour/session) : Every Wednesday: 2.00-3.30pm, or Thursday 3.30-5.00pm (no class on public holidays). You may register for other days if they are available.
Venue for 1st Session
Harmony Studio @ September 21 Enterprise Pte Ltd
Blk 13 Toa Payoh Lorong 8, #04-01 Braddell Tech, Singapore 319261 Tel: 6256 0226
All subsequent sessions will be held at
Genius Learning Hub, Blk 190 Lor 6 Toa Payoh #03-512 Tel: 62557790 (opposite HDB Hub)
Introductory Early Bird Course Fee and bonus gift (valid on for Sep 2010)
FOS Member $298.00 per child Non Member $328.00 per child OR $88.00 for 1st session on 27 Sep 2010
Free “Fitzroy Readers & wordskill book worth $119.90
Course fee subjected to change
* subjected to Victoria’s schedule in Singapore