Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Open House
Singapore Land Authority presents a walk through the history of Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (TPRS) at our next Open House this Deepavali, 29 Oct 2016. Join us for a fun-filled day of activities including a heritage presentation, photography sharing session and even an Artisan Market.
Ever wondered what Tanjong Pagar Railway Station was like back in the old days? Look out for our specially curated exhibition wall which will take you back in time and discover little known facts about the station!
Up your #OOTD game and snap a photo like you are a train conductor at our photobooth or learn some new photography skills at our free talks and apply them right away by capturing these precious last moments of our beloved railway station!
Grab those great deals from The Artisan Market where you’ll find some creative hand-made items for keeps! Need a mid-day snack? Our food vendors have got you covered! Look out for food trucks and a Farmers’ Market with local produce, organic products and artisanal food items, organised by Central Singapore Community Development Council.
Bringing the kids? You can sign them up for a hands-on kaleidoscope making workshop or enjoy an interactive story telling session!
There’s something for everyone!
Here’s a sneak preview of the Open House:
- 9.00am – 6.00pm Exhibition, Artisan & Farmers’ Market
- *11.00am – 12.00pm “Documentary Photography” By Vincent Liew, The Photographic Society of Singapore
- *1.30pm – 2.30pm “A Gateway to the Oceans” Heritage Talk By Jerome Lim
- *2.30pm – 3.30pm “Mind of a Photographer” By Alan Lim, School of Photography Singapore
- *3.30pm – 4.30pm Kaleidoscope Making Workshop
- *4.30pm – 5.00pm Story Telling Session for the family By Wong Swee Yean
*All our sessions are FULLY BOOKED!
For those who did not manage to sign up, please join us for our Artisan and Farmers’ Market!
Free admission, all are welcome!
Visit here for more information about the event.
Halloween is just round the corner, here is a list of Halloween Events Singapore 2016