In celebration of Earth Day, ANC presents an afternoon of fun-filled activities, talks and workshops. Join us to find out how you can play your part to help the environment!
Date: 20 April 2019 (coincides with Earth Day which is on 22 Apr)
Time: 11am to 4pm
Venue: Valley Point, 491 River Valley Road, L1 Atrium, Singapore 248371
Admission: FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC (Registration is highly encouraged)
Who should come to this event:
- Parents who would like their children to learn more about sustainability
- People who would like to know how they can play a part to be more sustainable at home
- Residents around the neighbourhood
What the event is about:
The fair at L1 Atrium will have a few partners and exhibitions and they include:
- Games by WWF Singapore to increase awareness about how plastics harm the environment, they will also be selling some merchandise such as metal straw sets, games made with sustainable materials – all proceeds will go towards WWF Singapore’s initiatives
- Booth selling garbage enzymes set up by Dignity Kitchen (run by people with disabilities and the socially disadvantaged)
- Upcycling workshops for 50 participants (walk-ins are welcomed!) to learn how to make coin purses and key pouches held by Central Singapore Community Development Council (CDC)
- Exhibition about e-waste and why we should dispose of them properly
There are other talks and workshops (these will be held in a nearby unit also on level 1):
- Understanding Plastics by WWF Singapore (11.30am to 12pm)
- Garbage enzymes workshop (12.45 to 2.15pm) – participants will have to bring along their own reusable container with leftover fruit scraps/peels (we will inform them of the details by email nearer to date once they have registered).
First 100 to register will be entitled to a surprise sustainability gift (limited to one per attendee on the day). Kindly register here.
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard and seen by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel at t.me/newageparents