- One 250ml bottle of mint flavoured povidone-iodine (PVP-I) mouth gargle, along with a 25ml measuring cup will be provided free for each household that has registered
- Registration via WhatsApp or online opened from Monday, 15 November 2021, 10am
- Registration closes Friday, 10 December 2021, 11.59pm
- An SP residential water bill account number is needed to complete the registration
- Household members may book an appointment slot on WhatsApp by sending “hello” to 9099 6600, or going online to register and book here
- Household members may choose from about 40 locations, and book an available time slot for self-collection from Monday, 22 November to Sunday, 12 December 2021
- Residents must provide their SP residential water bill account number or barcode, plus their booking confirmation email or WhatsApp message at collection points
- Pro Tip #1: Residents of 1 to 4-room HDB flats who have received their additional small 125ml bottle of mouth gargle may also register from Monday, 15 November to Friday, 10 December 2021, to collect this 250ml bottle of mouth gargle
- SingPost is on track to deliver the extra small bottles of mouth gargle to all 780,000 households living in 1 to 4-room HDB flats by Friday, 19 November 2021
On 21 October, Temasek Foundation announced it is offering StayWell Mouth Gargle free to every Singapore home. Registration is open from now till Friday, 10 December 2021, 11.59pm.
Registration and booking of an appointment slot for self-collection may be done on WhatsApp by sending “hello” to 9099 6600, or by going online here. An SP residential water bill account number is required to complete the registration.
Time slots may be booked from Monday, 22 November, to Sunday, 12 December 2021 at any of the 40 collection locations, comprising select Singapore Pools branches¹, shopping centres managed by Frasers Property and City Developments Limited, as well as Singapore EXPO.
Residents may register on behalf of family members and friends as long as they have their SP residential water bills.
For collection, they would need to bring along the booking confirmation email or WhatsApp confirmation message, and the relevant SP residential water bill account number or barcode.
The StayWell mouth gargle available for all households is a 250ml bottle of 1% povidone-iodine (PVP-I) mint flavoured orange colour mouth gargle, fitted with a 25ml measuring cup. Studies have shown that a 0.23% PVP-I mouth gargle is effective against a wide range of germs, such as those causing sore throat².
How to Register for Self-collection?
Step 1: You may register on WhatsApp by sending “hello” to 9099 6600 and following the instructions. Alternatively, go online here.
Step 2: Enter your personal particulars (e.g. your name and residential address) and SP residential water account number.
Step 3: (If you are registering online) Verify your email address by entering the One-Time Password (OTP) sent to your email.
Step 4: Book a collection slot by selecting your desired location, date, and time slot.
Step 5: A confirmation message will appear upon successful registration. You may change your personal particulars or collection details up to 3 times.
When and How to Collect the Mouth Gargle?
Appointment slots are available from Monday, 22 November to Sunday, 12 December 2021.
Collection is strictly by appointment only, as a way to minimise overcrowding.
Please bring along your SP residential water bill, SP digital bill, or SP account number, to your pre-selected collection point, along with your booking confirmation email/message.
Collection will not be available once the self-collection period ends.
Should demand exceed expectations, the second round of self-collection may take place after the Chinese New Year season. Temasek Foundation will provide updates through its website and social media channels should this be activated.
Smooth Delivery of Additional Mouth Gargle to 780,000 households
Singapore Post is on track to deliver the extra small bottles of mouth gargle to all 780,000 households living in 1 to 4-room HDB flats by Friday, 19 November 2021. Residents can download the SingPost app on their mobile phones to receive notifications when the mouth gargle is delivered to their letterboxes.
Commenting on their involvement in this initiative, Singapore Post Chief Executive Officer, Ms Neo Su Yin said, “People are at the core of everything we do. We are deeply privileged to be able to help Singapore stay prepared during this period, by partnering with Temasek Foundation in another round of nationwide distribution for the community. With care items like the COVID-19 ART kit from MOH, to these bottles of mouth gargle, we hope our people remain resilient and safe during this pandemic.”
Hotline and Web-form for Enquiries
Please visit here or follow Temasek Foundation on Facebook for more information on the StayWell Mouth Gargle initiative and other upcoming distributions.
The 1800-222-2000 hotline is open from Thursday, 21 October to Sunday, 12 December 2021, 9am to 6pm daily (except on weekends and Public Holidays). You may also submit enquiries or feedback here.
¹ Collection points are located outside select Singapore Pools branches.
² Source: NCBI, In Vitro Bactericidal and Virucidal Efficacy of Povidone-Iodine Gargle /Mouthwash Against Respiratory and Oral Tract Pathogens
Step-by-step Guide on How to Register via WhatsApp
Step 1: Send “hello” to 9099 6600 on WhatsApp, choose a language, and select option “Register”.
Step 2: Enter your SP residential water account number, full name and residential address. Confirm your residential address.
Step 3: Select your housing type and indicate who you are collecting the mouth gargle for (e.g., household, relatives, friends/neighbours).
Step 4: Book a collection slot by selecting your desired location, date and time slot. Then, confirm your booking selections.
Step 5: A confirmation message will appear upon successful registration. You may change your personal particulars or collection details up to 3 times on WhatsApp.
Step 6: For collection, please bring along your booking confirmation WhatsApp message and also the relevant SP residential water bill account number or barcode.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Register Online
Step 1: Go online here and enter your personal particulars such as your name, mobile number, email address, and residential address.
Step 2: Enter your SP residential water account number and indicate the type of residential property for the SP account to ensure that your property type is eligible for self-collection.
- Note: Property types that are not included on the list such as corporate accounts, and commercial properties, including serviced apartments, hostels, dormitories, and faculty accommodations are not eligible for self-collection.
Step 3: Indicate who you are collecting the mouth gargle for (e.g., household, relatives, friends/neighbours). Read and accept the Privacy Statement, and select “Next” to proceed.
- Note: Any data collected is only for the purpose of this initiative, and is all encrypted end-to-end. No data is being passed to third parties. All the companies involved in this initiative have no access to, or ownership of, your personal data.
Step 4: Verify your email address by entering the One-Time Password (OTP) sent to your email.
Step 5: You will receive a successful registration email, which will contain the unique URL you can use to access your registration and booking details at a later time. Or you can select “Next” to proceed to book a collection slot.
Step 6: Book a collection slot by selecting your desired location, date, and time slot. Then, confirm your booking selection.
Step 7: A confirmation message will appear upon successful registration. You may change your personal particulars or collection details up to 3 times with the unique URL given.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.