Join the Biggest Birthday Bash in Town with Sesame Street 50 Years and Counting Celebration at Universal Studios Singapore
- Have a monster of a party with colourful shows, all-new interactive exhibits and more to mark Sesame Street’s 50th anniversary.
- Celebration to extend to community events across Singapore including monster-sized installations, collaborations with local street artists, and a first-of-its-kind exhibition inspired by Oscar the Grouch and his trash can.
Sesame Street, the internationally beloved iconic children’s series, is ringing in its 50th anniversary this year and everyone is invited to join the festivities at the Sesame Street 50 Years and Counting Celebration only at Universal Studios Singapore. From 8 March to 28 April 2019, party, play and learn with family and friends at the biggest birthday bash in town with all-new interactive shows and exhibits featuring favourite Sesame Street characters such as Elmo, Cookie Monster and more!
Families and fans of all ages can join their furry friends in the Sesame Street Birthday Blowout show with a larger-than-life cake, visit Big Bird’s Nest and Abby’s Fairy Garden, and meet a special guest – Lily the Tiger (莉莉虎) from China. They can also take a Walk Down Sesame Street in a special gallery to relive some of their favourite scenes such as the famous 123 stoop and Bert & Ernie’s apartment.
Universal Studios Singapore will also launch a series of exclusive, Sesame Street collectible pins which fans can take home for free with a minimum spend in the theme park. In addition, guests can continue to enjoy the adrenaline-infused rides and world-class attractions, as well as extended park hours on select nights.
In honour of the milestone anniversary, fans can partake in various community events and photo opportunities held across Singapore. These include a giant inflatable installation of everyone’s favourite red monster – Elmo – at ION Orchard, Raffles City Shopping Centre and Universal Studios Singapore, as well as collaborations with local street artists ANTZ, Yip Yew Chong and Tiffany Yao who will each deliver their creative interpretations of the Sesame Street anniversary celebration in a special mural at Bugis Junction from 4 to 24 March 2019.
The celebration will also bring together 50 local and regional celebrities, influencers, as well as artistic talents from Pathlight School – the first autism-focused school in Singapore that offers mainstream academics and life readiness skills to students on the autism spectrum – in a first-of-its kind exhibition inspired by Oscar the Grouch and his trash can. Each of these individuals will be decorating Oscar’s trash can with creative and meaningful designs to commemorate Sesame Street’s 50th anniversary. All 50 beautifully decorated cans will go on display at various locations within Resorts World Sentosa, including Universal Studios Singapore.
Sesame Street 50 Years and Counting Celebration is included with regular admission to Universal Studios Singapore or Annual/ Season Pass. Singapore Residents can enjoy online discounts on admission at S$69* for an adult one-day ticket (U.P. S$79). More information can be found at rwsentosa.com/ss50. Alternatively, you can get it from Voyagin or Klook.
Valid for single-use visit on Sundays – Thursdays, excluding gazetted public holidays and the months of June and December.
ALL-NEW EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:
Sesame Street 50 Years and Counting Celebration at Universal Studios Singapore
- The Hollywood and New York zones transform into party central, with larger-than-life Sesame Street-themed birthday party decorations, animated alphabets and numbers and more partying in the streets – perfect for the ‘gram!
- Sesame Street Birthday Blowout Show: Join beloved Sesame Street characters in this birthday blowout set against a stunning 10m-tall multi-coloured cake at the New York Public Library. Immerse in an interactive and fun-filled show with up-tempo pop music, exciting dance numbers, pockets of entertainment by Sesame Street friends and a big surprise at the end! Get ready to welcome the party’s all-new special guest – Lily the Tiger from China – and join the adorable, martial arts expert as she teaches Mandarin.
- Enter Abby’s Fairy Garden at Sting Alley, and catch Abby Cadabby as she swishes her magical wand to help a friend discover the best season for growing plants and flowers in the garden. Experience changing seasons of rain, shine and even snow as Abby brings the garden to life with whimsical dancing and talking plants and flowers.
- Visit Big Bird’s Nest and get up close with the famous yellow feathered friend for a photo together at Sting Alley.
- Groove along with Oscar the Grouch as he brings the freshest beats from the street at Oscar’s Rhythm Trash show that will feature entertaining remixes of popular Sesame Street songs. Guests are also invited to play and learn with Oscar as he teaches everyone about recycling through his very own version of TRASH-ket Ball.
- A Walk Down Sesame Street: This immersive gallery at Soundstage 28 will feature many familiar Sesame Street scenes such as the famous 123 stoop, as well as Bert & Ernie’s apartment where guests can check out Bert’s bottle cap collection, sing with Ernie, and even meet the buzzing little Twiddlebugs! Fans can also get up close with Big Bird in “Getting to Know Big Bird” – a sing-along show with host, Alex.
- Sesame Street Collectible Pins: With a minimum spend of S$60 at dining and retail outlets in Universal Studios Singapore, guests can spin the dial at the gashapon machines outside Hollywood China Arcade and take home an exclusive Sesame Street collectable pin. With a total of 10 colourful designs, fans can even approach any roving staff in the theme park for a one-to-one friendly exchange!
Photos credit: Resorts World Sentosa
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard and seen by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.