Sentosa to host first Pikachu Night Parade outside Japan amid dazzling Island Lights
- Experience Sentosa at night with some 10 eclectic installations across Palawan Beach!
- Get up close with Pikachu in the first LED Pikachu Night Parade and Dance Show outside Japan!
The picturesque sunsets of Sentosa’s Palawan Beach are set to transform into enigmatic and photo-worthy visual treats with the return of Island Lights, bigger and brighter for the year-end holiday season! Previously known as Pop Up Night, Island Lights 2018 will be home to some 10 Instagrammable installations, as well as the inaugural Pikachu Night Parade outside Japan!
Expect a visceral experience that excites the senses, with unique installations integrated with the beauty and uniqueness of Palawan Beach’s landscape.
- Local artist Yang’s ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) Wonderland, a multi-sensory interactive representation of pop culture and social media which guests can explore with four out of their five senses – sight, smell, touch and hearing.
- Crowd favourite Sam Lo’s (a.k.a. Sticker Lady) thought provoking Betelgeuse Supernova, where logic-defying structures – all designed with reflective surfaces – will show that there is more to them (and life) than meets the eye, depending on the perspective from which they are viewed.
- The iconic Palawan Pirate Ship (PPS), well-known for its unique water play, will also be dressed for the occasion in neon livery. From 16 November to 31 December, PPS’ opening hours will be extended to 10.30pm every Thursday to Sunday, during which guests can enjoy activities including glitter slime-making and rock painting.
Plus, from Thursdays to Sundays, enjoy a relaxed atmosphere by the beach and be entertained by live performances; those feeling peckish can also look forward to a selection of light bites – all happening at the Chill N’ Cheers area!
Pikachu Night Parade
Everyone’s favourite Pokémon, Pikachu, will also be joining the Island Lights party, marking the first Pikachu night parade outside Japan! Taking place from 7:30pm on 14-16 and 21-23 December 2018, the Pikachu Night Parade will see a posse of nine adorable Pikachu dolled up in LED lights as they march and dance along a 100m route, past Palawan Pirate Ship and Palawan Kidz City. Audiences can choose to line themselves along the route at Palawan Beach Walk to capture sights of Pikachu performing and dancing along to funky beats!
The Palawan Pirate Ship, in the spirit of all things Pokémon, will also be decorated with Pokémon fan favourites such as Pikachu and Eevee.
“At Sentosa, the fun doesn’t stop at dusk. In fact, nights at Sentosa this year-end period offers more fun and excitement as we continuously bring unique, after-dark leisure experiences to our guests. By taking advantage of the landscape at Palawan Beach, Island Lights will be a great addition to our island’s existing variety of night offerings, from dining options to attractions such as Palawan Pirate Ship that continue to stay open after 6pm. We look forward to welcoming more locals and tourists to Sentosa during the upcoming holiday period,” said Ms Lynette Ang, Chief Marketing Officer of Sentosa Development Corporation.
More information can be found here.
Want to be heard and seen by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.