The National Heritage Board and its three heritage institutions (Indian Heritage Centre, Malay Heritage Centre and Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall) are calling all children and youths (16 years and below) in Singapore to create and submit your artwork for a face mask!
The Mask-a-rade Challenge invites children and youths to submit your artwork based on the theme of what you hope a post-COVID-19 Singapore would look like. Participants may choose to submit their entries under either one of the following categories:
- Junior Artists (5 years old – 12 years old)
- Budding Artists (13 years old – 16 years old)
All participants will receive a goodie bag redeemable at its three heritage institutions and if your entry is selected as one of the winning designs, you can receive book vouchers worth up to $200 to be collected at its heritage institutions when they reopen.
(5 years old – 12 years old, based on birth year)
(13 years old – 16 years old, based on birth year)
|*First Prize: Vouchers worth $200||*First Prize: Vouchers worth $200|
|Second Prize: Vouchers worth $150||Second Prize: Vouchers worth $150|
|Third Prize: Vouchers worth $100||Third Prize: Vouchers worth $100|
The artworks of the top three winners of both categories will be featured on the institutions’ Facebook pages while the artworks of the first prize of each category will be printed on face masks that will be available for sale at the heritage institutions.
- Print out the contest form here and template found below on A4-sized paper.
- All designs should be completed within the boundaries of the mask template.
- Participants may use mixed medium for the submission (e.g. crayons, colour pencils, paint, etc).
- No software editing tool should be used for developing/editing/creating the artwork.
- To create a digital scan of your design for submission, select an output resolution of 300dpi or higher on your scanner settings. If you do not have a scanner, you may use a scanner app to scan the drawing. Only file types in pdf, jpeg or png will be accepted.
- Hold on to your original design and we will reach out to you if your entry is selected as one of the winning entries.
- All files must be saved in the following format: child’s name_child’s surname_child’s age.jpg (e.g. Charlotte_Ng_7.jpg)
- Submit your design along with the signed contest form to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 2359hrs on 5 July 2020.
For more information on the challenge, please download the application form and the contest details here.
Stay in touch! Subscribe to our Telegram here for our latest updates.