Our Tampines Hub (OTH), Singapore’s largest integrated community and lifestyle hub, will be hosting 12 days of family-fun carnival activities during the June school holidays, starting with the launch of its ‘Dear Tampines Festival’ on Saturday, 27 May 2023.
📅 27 May to 7 Jun 2023
📍 Our Tampines Hub
The 12-day full-filled carnival (27 May – 7 June 2023) will see the Hub transformed into a marvellous playground where families, young and old, can inspire, nurture and build a Tampines community that is Made For Families. This is one of the exciting line-up of family bonding activities organised in conjunction with the Ministry of Social and Family Development dedicating 2023 as the Year of Celebrating Social Service Partners.
Families play an important role in our lives and OTH is reaching out to families and Hub visitors through an exciting lineup of fun-filled activities, community engagements and programmes that will help build a family-centric neighourhood built for and by residents.
DEAR TAMPINES Festival (27 May – 7 June 2023)
OTH will be partnering with families, residents, artists, and community partners to explore family-centric activities and programmes focusing on the arts, community & lifestyle, and sports. These are some of the highlights of the festival:
• Eight super-sized inflatable artworks titled ORGANS – inspired by the creative designs of local artist Angie Seah and 900 young children who took part in several art workshops (from November 2022 to March 2023) to create these inflatable artworks – some measuring up to 20 metres by 15 metres.
• Other artworks include SHARED SCREEN by Vertical Submarine – inspired by the love of the google box and the role it played in the early 1960s and UNTITLED – a chilled-out zone by Randy Chan inspired by the vegetation at the Tampines Eco Green Park, and HALAMAN AKSARA by Noor Iskandar – an image making and photo work inspired by the alumini of Tampines Junior College.
• The public can also join in several art workshops – Texture and Shapes (30 May – 2 June, 9.30am – 12.30pm) inspired by Chng Siok Tin’s Man and Environment to learn more about shapes and texture. This workshop is held in collaboration with National Gallery Singapore.
• Look out for the Squirt Gun Battleground to beat the heat or go virtual to experience the unique VR Football Game, or simply hop onto several fun-filled Fairground rides and enjoy the thrill.
• Get your heart rate up with various rhythm-based workouts such as the Dancefit mass workout or silent workouts such as Zumba, Yoga and Bolly Dance. Kids also get to learn to play Soccer and Teqball and take part in Obstacle Challenge, a platform to help children develop a healthy lifestyle by making fitness fun.
• Pumping up the excitement are weekend music concerts for the whole family with pop celebrities such as Najip Ali, Jeremy Monteiro, Impressions of Nanyang, Qara Rosa, and the Singapore Wind Symphony City Swing big band. Come and join us:
– Jazzin’ Up (Saturday, 27 May 2023, 5pm)
– All That Jazz (Saturday, 3 June 2023, 5pm)
As an inclusive and people-centric gathering destination, Our Tampines Hub offers a dynamic, open and caring environment for all. The Hub remains focused on engaging families and residents through a comprehensive and diverse range of programmes and facilities for families, residents and inclusive communities.
This event coincides with Families for Life (FFL)’s annual National Family Week (NFW) that runs from 3 to 11 June 2023. Together, we can build “A Singapore Made for Families”.
June School Holiday 2023
It is the June school holidays. Do check out our compilation of Things To Do This June School Holidays in Singapore 2023.
Dragon Boat Festival falls on 22 June this year. We have compiled a list of Where to Buy Rice Dumplings in Singapore.
* * * * *
Like what you see here? Get parenting tips and stories straight to your inbox! Join our mailing list here.
Want to be heard 👂 and seen 👀 by over 100,000 parents in Singapore? We can help! Leave your contact here and we’ll be in touch.
Leave a Comment: