Wharton Preschool takes great care in ensuring that children get the best out of their holistic program.
The school will be incorporating Yoga and Sports Enrichment program for N2 and K2 next year, on top of what they are offering now. By the time your children graduate from Wharton, they will be professionally introduced to 10 different types of sports and will be able to execute a great number of yoga postures.
What’s more, this year round program comes at no additional cost and parents can save the logistical hassle of sending their children to and from the enrichment centers.
Here are the two new programs offered at Wharton in 2014.
YogaBugs is the largest children’s yoga inspired activity from the UK offering classes for children from walking age to twelve years. Its classes bring stories to life through specially developed moves inspired by yoga. Combining fun with exercise, children go on wild adventures where they may roar like a lion, fly like a bird or blast into outer space! YogaBugs has been successfully delivering yoga inspired classes to children since 2003. Its classes are designed to encourage children’s learning and development.
There are various physical and emotional benefits.
- Fully Inclusive: All children can do YogaBugs to their own ability. Children don’t need to be fast, have good hand to eye co-ordination or be physically fit.
- Confidence: Children are encouraged to be vocal during a class and express their emotions physically. Through creative visualisation techniques we help children believe they are unique and special.
- Concentration: Balancing postures help children to focus their mind and concentration techniques keep the mind in one place instead of letting it wander.
- Fun! There is a big emphasis on children having fun in a YogaBugs class, we take children on wild adventures and encourage them to use their creative imagination.
Other Emotional Benefits:
- Releases day to day anxieties
- Improves memory retention
- Improves concentration
- Increases the ability for children to learn more easily
- Develops creativity
Other Physical Benefits:
- Strengthens muscles
- Balances energy levels
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves respiratory and circulation
- Improves digestive systems
- Maintains joint mobility
- Develops good posture
- Improves flexibility
Ready Steady Go Kids
Ready Steady Go Kids is Australia’s largest and most reputable multi-sport and exercise programme for pre-schoolers (aged 2.5-6 years). The programme has been running in Australia for 10 years, and was brought into Singapore in 2012.
Their fun physio-designed sport and fitness activities teach pre-schoolers the fundamentals of different sports in a social, non-competitive, team-based environment. There are 10 sports covered, including: Football, Tennis, Hockey, T-ball, Athletics, Rugby, Golf, Basketball, Cricket and AFL (Aussie Rules).
The aim of the program is not to make the children experts in the sport, but rather focus on motor skills which are crucial to a child’s development. There are also other benefits including building confidence and self-esteem, providing some knowledge of a variety of sports, and boosting school readiness skills.
From 2014, Ready Steady Go Kids will be part of the Wharton Pre-school sports curriculum. The children will enjoy and learn a variety of sports, age appropriate motor skills and fundamental movements in a 45 minute class. Each lesson will be conducted by 2 experienced trainers to keep the lessons engaging, safe and fun.
Free Trial Class Available!
Wharton also provides free trial classes for all their programs. The trials are the abridged version and will give parents/children a good insight into what goes on during the actual classes.
Dates: 9 November and 7 December 2013
Age: 4 to 6 years
Venue: Wharton Preschool @ Ang Mo Kio (4190 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 #04-02 Broadway Plaza Singapore 569841)
Cost: Free of Charge
Preregistration: Required due to limited class-size
For more information on the trial class or to register, call 6455 6100 or drop an email to enquiry@Whartonpreschool.com
Connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WhartonPreschool