“This vibrant salad is more than just a refreshing meal starter. The melding of citrus fruits also packs a hefty punch to help you guard against the risks of heart disease.”
– John Sawarto, Bosch Partner Chef
About the Key Ingredients…
Contains an abundance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that assure optimum heart health
Rich in soluble fiber, a known preventative ingredient against heart disease
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 no. Thai green mangoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
- 5 tbsp. Roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. Dried shrimps, lightly toasted
- 4 no. Red bird’s eye chilies
- 5 no. Shallots
- 2 no. Long bean, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp. Brown sugar, or to taste
- 4 tbsp. Fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 no. Lime
- 10 no. Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Extra chopped peanuts (optional)
- Roast peanuts and dried shrimps at 225°C for 3-5 minutes.
*Chef’s tip: Allow the peanuts to be roasted for up to 10 minutes, for slight charring and nutty aroma.
- Skin mangoes with a peeler before slicing them into thin strips with a knife.
- Chop off both ends of shallot before cutting it in half. Peel the outer skin of the shallot with a knife and slice the shallot into thin strips.
- Chop garlic, toasted peanuts, toasted dried shrimps and chili padi briefly. Ensure that the mix is not blended too much – it should have a chunky texture.
- Add brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce to the mix and season to taste.
- Toss the green mango, long beans, shallots, cherry tomatoes with the mixture.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Sprinkle more chopped peanuts for extra texture.