“This refreshingly simple salad is healthy and easy to make. It uses ingredients that are easily sourced and thoughtfully chosen promises a unique twist to the humble appetizer.”
– Chef John See, Bosch’s culinary ambassador
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Sea Cucumber Mix:
- 200 gm Small and soft sea cucumber (lightly blanched with salt water, thinly sliced)
- 50 gm White fungi (lightly blanched with salt water), thinly sliced
- 1 no Japanese cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 no De-seeded red apple (thinly sliced and lightly soaked in salt water)
- 55 gm Arugula
- 3 tbsp White onion (thinly diced)
- 1 no Grapefruit (cut into wedges and juiced)
- 1 no Orange (cut into wedges and juiced)
- pinch Freshly cracked rock salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp Toasted almond flakes
- 2tbsp Pomegranate seed
- 1tbsp Pomegranate molasses reduction
- Combine ingredients for the sea cucumber mix together in a big bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients for the citrus salsa together and mix well before tossing it together with the sea cucumber mix.
- Top it with the garnish and serve.
About the Key Ingredients
Sea Cucumber: Calories, rich in collagen that is beneficial for the skin, rich in protein to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
White Fungi: Beneficial for the lungs
Red Apples: Contains a natural anti-inflammatory agent to prevent blood clots.