Is your child entering Primary One in 2015? Details of 2014 Primary One Registration Exercise is now out.
Here are the details:
- The registration of children for admission to Primary One (P1) classes in 2015 will open from Thursday, 3 July 2014 to Thursday, 28 August 2014. The dates for the different phases of registration are listed in Annex A.
- All primary schools will open for registration from 8.00 am to 11.00 am and from 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm from Mondays to Fridays during the registration period. Details on the list of primary schools and vacancies available, as well as a list of registration centres for merging and relocating schools, can be found at the 2014 Primary One Registration Exercise for Admission to Primary One in 2015.
- The cohort size for 2015 is similar to that of 2014. There will be sufficient school places for all eligible P1 students on a regional and nationwide basis. 40 Places Reserved to Ensure Continued Open Access to All Primary Schools
- Starting from the 2014 P1 Registration Exercise, the Ministry of Education (MOE) will reserve 40 places in every primary school for registrants in Phase 2B and 2C (20 places for each phase) before the start of the P1 Registration Exercise to ensure continued open access to all primary schools.
- The number of vacancies remaining after Phase 2A(2) (this includes the 40 reserved places) will continue to be split equally between Phase 2B and 2C. For more details on the reservation of 40 places, please refer to Annex B.
Primary One Internet System (P1-IS) for Online Registration
- This year, MOE will open the Primary One Internet System (P1-IS) to all primary schools. The P1-IS serves as an alternate channel to facilitate the registration of children during Phase 2C and 2C Supplementary. Parents who do not wish to make an online registration can continue to go to their school of choice for registration.
- To register online via the P1-IS, both parents are required to use their SingPass1. For a Step-by-Step Guide on doing an online registration, please refer to http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/primary-one-internet-system. The P1-IS is accessible 24 hours during the following periods:
- Phase 2C – Starting from 9.00 am on 29 July 2014 to 4.30 pm on 31 July 2014; and
- Phase 2C Supplementary – Starting from 9.00 am on 10 August 2014 to 4.30 pm on 12 August 2014.
For more information, go to Ministry of Education Singapore page.