Organised by the Families for Life Council, the inaugural My Family Weekend is an annual national movement supported by various stakeholders including Government agencies, employers and community partners. My Family Weekend packs a diverse line-up of fun family-friendly activities, educational workshops, and entertaining performances specially curated for families and the extended families!
From family workshops organised by Fei Yue Community Services to storytelling sessions that keep the young ones entertained at various libraries, My Family Weekend brings together community efforts to celebrate the importance of family time and extended family bonds. Families can also look forward to Families for Life’s popular thematic picnic on 2 September, activities that stimulate the creative young minds at the Esplanade, as well as tours that bring the entire family closer to nature organised by NParks.
Celebrate family time and extended family ties at these anchor events held in celebration of My Family Weekend:
My Family Weekend Edition FFL Picnic
2 September 2017, Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park
• FFL promises an afternoon and evening of engaging activities for family members of all ages at My Family Weekend’s Special Edition Family Picnic on 2 September 2017.
• Families can gather with their immediate and extended family members and bond over music performances, a movie screening under the stars, and exciting new activities such as a Family Outdoor Shoot, a Families for Life “Mama Shop” where families can use money earned from games to redeem old school treats, and many more.
• Participating families can also look out for the signature FFL Mobile Café to receive complimentary snacks and beverages.
Date: 2 September 2017
Time: 4pm – 9:30pm
Venue: Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park Ficus Green
Programme Charge: Free (excluding purchase of food and beverage on location)
Website: Families For Life Picnic – My Family Weekend
My Family Fiesta – Making Singapore a Great Place for Families
3 September 2017, SAFRA Punggol
• Looking for something fun to do with your family over the long weekend in September? My Family Fiesta will feature an exciting line-up of activities for the young and young-at-heart – with activities ranging from the SAFRA Punggol Diaper Dash, to a heart-pumping Zumba session!
• There will also be bouncy castles and painting activities to keep your kids entertained. Families can also try their hand at bowling or belt your hearts out during a karaoke session. So mark your calendars! Bring your family to SAFRA Punggol and join us in Making Singapore a Great Place for Families!
• My Family Fiesta is jointly organised by Heybaby and SAFRA Punggol, in celebration of My Family Weekend.
Date: 3 September 2017
Time: 10am – 6pm
Venue: SAFRA Punggol
Make full use of the weekend and take your kids out to Civic District Outdoor Festival: When Time Stood Still! Click image to find out more.