Ingredients for Mushroom Risotto
- 320g Fragrance 43°N Japonica Rice
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 100g Finely Chopped Onions
- 250ml White Wine
- 2.5l Mushroom or Chicken Stock
- 100g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 40g Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 75g Butter
- 12pcs Green Asparagus
- 4 Vine Tomatoes
- 4 Whole Mushrooms
- 40g Thyme
- 4 Freshly Chopped Garlic
- Bring chicken or mushroom stock to a boil in pot, then reduce to a simmer.
- Heat oil in a separate saucepan or pot. Add onions and sauté until fragrant. Add in raw Japonica rice and lightly fry it.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and stir to reduce wine. Add hot stock, one ladle at a time to allow absorption before adding more. Add to preferred consistency, stirring constantly.
- Once rice is al dente, remove from the heat. Beat in the butter vigorously and stir in grated parmesan.
- Blanch and grill asparagus, roast tomatoes, sauté and season cep mushrooms. Serve with risotto garnished with shaved parmesan cheese and thyme sprigs.