The program is about informing the child that Fears, Worries and Anxieties are NORMAL aspect of our lives, and that HEALTHY levels are necessary to help us survive (e.g. run away from a big bully) or achieve what we want (e.g. study for exams in order to get the grades we want).
It is common that children
- Think that it is WEAK tell people about their fears and worries
- COPE with limited and often unhelpful ways such as: Fight, Flight or Freeze.
- May NOT be AWARE of their fears…because they GUTI (Got Used To It!)
- Perceive THREATS to be BIGGER than their abilities to deal with it
- May NOT KNOW how to ASK for HELP
This workshop aims to
- Normalise children’s experience of fears, worries & anxieties
- Develop self-awareness through creating their own Fear Profile
- Introduce them to basic knowledge and tools that will be lifelong resiliency skills that children will need to manage fears, worries & anxieties (aka stress) that life brings…in order to lead a fulfilling, joyful and successful life.
About the workshop facilitator
Christy Lee-O’Loughlin has 20 years of experience as an educator, and in the more recently years as a child therapist. Her varied experience spans from school management to direct instructions/ intervention work with children and their parents. As part of her post graduate studies in Counseling Psychology, Christy is currently researching on the level and types of normal fears of children in Singapore, and its implications for teachers, counselors and parents. She is the certified facilitator in Singapore for FRIENDS, an evidence based program endorsed by the World Health Organisation for effective prevention of anxiety disorders and depression in children. Christy is also the author of Drax the Dragon Shows His True Colors, a story about honoring individual differences and embracing diversity. “Drax” is listed by MOE as recommended resource in the preschools programme in Singapore.
Duration: 3 hours a day for 3 days.
Sessions: 12th -14th December 9:30-12:30pm
Venue: 1 Goldhill Plaza (Podium Block), #03-09/11 Singapore 308899
Registration : We just need the information below for the confirmation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of Participant :
- Date of Birth / Age :
- Any Allergies :
- Name of Parent :
- Contact Number :
- Address :
- Any specific fears or worries your child might have:
- Specific Diagnosis for Learning or Developmental Needs?:
Price: S$200 per child
They can find out more at our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/kidsinflow