National Gallery Singapore’s First Anniversary Celebrations
Date: 25 – 27 November | 2 – 4 December 2016
Venue: National Gallery Singapore
Admission: Ticketed and free activities
National Gallery Singapore turns ONE!
National Gallery Singapore has launched nine exhibitions and welcomed more than 1.5 million visitors through its doors – all in the span of one year. Now the Gallery wants to celebrate its first year anniversary with you!
LIGHT TO NIGHT FESTIVAL is the Gallery’s way of celebrating with the community through a wide array of activities and programmes spanning day to night across two weeks. The Festival will showcase vibrant façade projections, interactive art installations, lively performances and delicious F&B offerings. There’s something for everyone!
Join us as we revel in a myriad of celebrations from Light to Night at the National Gallery Singapore.
Festival highlights include:
- Façade Show by Spinifex Group transforms the Gallery’s stately facade, and brings viewers into a mesmerising world of art and machines
- Art Alive! series featuring various collaborations with Organisation of Illustrator’s Council (OIC), Yarn Bombing Singapore, LASALLE College of the Arts
- Art installations such as Balloon Forest, where individuals can immerse themselves in a colourful forest created by balloon sculptor Lily Tan and her friends, and a Gallery-commissioned art installation, Shimmering Treetops, presented by LASALLE College of the Arts, with support from Swarovski
- Art and Design Market where visitors can browse and buy one-of-a-kind pieces by local artists, designers and craft makers at this creative marketplace.
- Disco Ball Pit to grant older individuals the opportunity to relive moments of their childhood
- Live performances by local talents, such as Nathan Hartono, Charlie Lim and Budak Pantai and the cast from the musical, Crescendo (起飞)
- Exciting dining experiences at the Festival Food Street along St. Andrew’s Road to give visitors more reasons to enjoy the festivities from day to night
KIDS FILM @ BALLOON FOREST
Fri – Sun 25 Nov – 4 Dec | Top of every hour, from 10am | 55 min
City Hall Foyer
Ages 3 and up | PG | Free
ART – SMALL POTATOES
By Josh Selig | United Kingdom | English | 3 min
By Laurent Witz & Alexandre Espigares | France | 12 min
By Mabel Gan | Singapore | English | 18 min
By Declan Byrne and Connor Johnston | Australia | English | 7 min
THE LOST THING
By Andrew Ruhemann and Shaun Tan | Australia | English | 15 min
FESTIVAL FOOD STREET AND OTHER TREATS
FESTIVAL FOOD STREET
Fri-Sat 25-26 Nov, 2–3 Dec, 5-11.30pm
St Andrew’s Road
Sat-Sun 26-27 Nov, 3-4 Dec, 10am-5pm
BITES AFTER HOURS
Fri-Sat 25-26 Nov, 2-3 Dec, 7pm-2.30am
For the full programming, visit www.nationalgallery.com.sg.
Year-End Holiday Enrichment Programmes
It’s that time of year again. Kids look forward to it and wish it would never end. Where can you find fun and exciting holiday programs for your children? Here’s our list. Take your pick!
Year-End Mall Events
From meet and great sessions to snapping photos of beautifully-lighted Christmas trees, find out what’s happening at the nearest mall to you this holiday season!
Find this article useful? Do share it with your friends by clicking “Share” below, thank you.
Photo credit: National Gallery Singapore