TNAP decided to pay a small tribute to this popular children’s toy. Here are our top four picks.
1. The LEGO® Story
Find out how this humble toy brick was invented. For their 80th Birthday celebration, the LEGO® Group created a short animated film to take look back at its history.
2. The Art of The Brick – Nathan Sawaya
Nathan Sawaya, who left his job as an attorney to work full-time as a LEGO artist in 2004, is a New York-based artist who builds custom three-dimensional sculptures and large-scalemosaics from popular everyday items. His unique art creations are commissioned by companies, charities, individuals, museums and galleries all over the world.
Nathan’s Exhibition The Art of The Brick was held in Singapore at The Art Science Museum from 17 November 2012 – 26 May 2013 . If you missed it, you can catch his video below.
3. LegoLand® Resorts and Parks
- Legoland Billund (Copenhagen): This was the first Legoland park that opened in 1968.
- Legoland California (USA): The first Legoland park in the United States.
- Legoland Florida (USA): The largest Legoland Park in the world.
- Legoland Dubailand (Dubia)
- Legoland Windsor (London)
- Legoland Deutschland (Germany)
- Legoland Malaysia: The sixth LEGOLAND to be built in the world and the very first in Asia, LEGOLAND Malaysia is targeted families with children between the ages of two to twelve years.
Photo credit: LEGOLAND Parks
4. A year in the life of a LEGO bricks man – Andrew Whyte
Andrew Whyte, 39, from Southsea, Portsmouth carries the Lego man in his pocket where ever he goes, just in case the perfect picture opportunity arises. A creative photographer, he has taken 365 pictures charting the adventures of a Legographer- a LEGO® bricks character who likes to ‘take’ pictures.
Meanwhile, somewhere in Singapore…
LEGO City is under attack by the Master Crook! No one knows who this elusive mastermind is, but word has it that he has been lurking around the city, plotting crazy heists at every turn. Every Saturday and Sunday from 4 October to 26 October, 12-8pm, at various Toys ‘R’ Us locations island wide, children are invited to join the ranks of the LEGO City Police as Cadets at the LEGO® BRICKBUSTA event!
The event will give children aged 5 to 12 years old a chance to be real-life detectives, locate suspicious crooks and build their very own LEGO City Police Car! Cadets that successfully complete both activities will stand a chance to receive a LEGO City Police poster signed by a team of LEGO designers.
|Outlets||12.00p.m.– 8.00p.m.||12.00p.m. – 8.00p.m.|
|Toys ’R’ Us VivoCity||4 October, Saturday||18 October Saturday|
|Toys ’R’ Us Forum||5 October, Sunday||19 October, Sunday|
|Toys ’R’ Us Tampines||11 October, Saturday||25 October, Saturday|
|Toys ’R’ Us Paragon||12 October, Sunday||26 October, Sunday|
LEGO ‘BRICKBUSTA’ Gift With Purchase
Spend above $60.00* on any LEGO® toy(s) and receive this awesome LEGOCity Arctic Scout collectible.
• Each customer is entitled to One (1) piece of the featured product with purchase of any LEGO toy(s) over $60 in a single receipt.
• This promotion is exclusive to all Toys’R’Us outlets in Singapore.
• Receipts from other stores and/or late receipts will not be accepted.
• Promotion ends 31 October 2014 or while stocks last.