The stars of the internationally successful animated television show ‘Timmy Time’ – Shaun the Sheep and Timmy the Lamb, will be joining and encouraging flocks of nursery and Kindergarten children in Singapore to learn English.
Meet the Woolly Stars Shaun and Timmy
Who is Timmy?
Timmy the Lamb is the main character from ‘Timmy Time’, a British stop-motion animated children’s comedy series created by the BBC and Aardman Animations. Besides enjoying basking in the spotlight, Timmy often gets into trouble. But he learns from his mistakes, and also tries to help others whenever he can.
Who is Shaun?
Shaun the Sheep is a character from an animated show of the same name. The show (a spin-off of the Wallace and Gromit franchise) follows Shaun, who is the leader of his flock on a trail of hilarious adventures in a farm. It was first aired in the United Kingdom in March 2007 and has been broadcast in 180 countries around the world!
First In Asia
British Council is bringing these two woolly friends to help and encourage your child to learn English. Happening in January 2015 and the first in Asia, expect plenty of opportunities to play, act, read and write!
Here are 8 reasons why you should sign your child up:
- Safe and secure centres – provide a nurturing environment, exclusively themed for preschool aged children.
- Specially trained teachers – Our early years professionals cater to the different needs of the younger age group.
- Multi-sensory world of our learning centre – Children experience authentic learning opportunities with a variety of age appropriate, multi-sensory and interdisciplinary activities
- Rhythm and rhyme – Children develop their listening skills, learn pronunciation, rhythm and rhyme in a fun and natural way leading to opportunities for dramatic play and language production
- Creative and Imaginative – With a mixture of child and teacher-led play children take initiative, explore using all of their senses, make connections and develop their imagination, creativity and fine motor skills
- Engaging way to learn – Exciting themed classrooms with themed activity booklets using puppets, stickers, cut outs and digital resources, enhance the classroom experience and support learning at home.
- Learning through play – children develop their communication and language abilities as well as imagination, creativity and fine motor skills
- Your child will be learning alongside the two main stars – Shaun the Sheep and Timmy the Lamb!
To find out more or to register, call +65 6653 8066.
Or visit www.britishcouncil.sg/timmy1 for more information.
Remember to register early to secure a place!
Free Trial Class exclusively for preschool kids
Now open at 112 Katong #03-16! Give your child a memorable experience of learning English with lovable characters Timmy and Shaun the Sheep. Free trial lessons for children aged 3-5 every Saturday and Sunday.
More information can be found via http://bit.ly/1v0Ug6p.
Also check out British Council’s other preschool programmes on their website:
- Daily bilingual three-hour preschool programme at our Tampines Centre
- Weekly English enrichment for primary school readiness