23 August 2016: The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) received feedback from a member of the public on 18 August 2016 regarding a metal nut found in a bar of “King’s Potong Red Bean Ice Confection”. To ensure food safety, AVA has been working with the importer to investigate the matter.
Source: AVA Singapore
While investigations are ongoing, the importer has voluntarily recalled “King’s Ice Confection” products with expiry dates before 22 July 2018, as a precautionary measure. Details of the recalled products can be found below.
- King’s Potong Red Bean Ice Confection (Multipack and single)
- King’s Potong Black Glutinous Rice/Yam (Multipack)
- King’s Potong Durian (Multipack)
- King’s Potong Red Bean & Cempedak (Multipack)
- King’s Potong Teh Tarik (Multipack)
- King’s Potong Black Glutinous Rice (Single)
- King’s Fruity Lime (Multipack)
Country of origin: Malaysia.
Consumers who have purchased the following products are advised not to consume it.
Consumers may contact F&N Creameries Singapore at 6261 3133 or email@example.com for enquiries or exchange of the products.