TNAP sums up our choices for indoor play spaces in Singapore so that you and your family can enjoy a sheltered and fuss free weekend.
1. Kidz Amaze @ SAFRA
Photo credit: SAFRA
Among one of Singapore’s largest indoor playground, Kidz Amaze @ SAFRA Jurong is 17,000 square feet in size and three-storey high. On the other hand, the smaller but newer branch at SAFRA Toa Payoh is a scavenger hunt attraction where both the kids and parents can discover themed zones together.
Being a recreational destination for NSmen and families, SAFRA indeed houses interesting facilities for both the young and old.
- Weekday rate (Kidz Amaze Member): $7.50
- Weekday rate (Non Member): $12.70
- Weekend, Public and School Holiday rate (Kidz Amaze Member): $10.70
- Weekend, Public and School Holiday rate (Non Member): $18.00
Where: SAFRA Toa Payho, 293 Lor 6 Toa Payoh | SAFRA Jurong, 333 Boon Lay Way
Photo credit: eXplorerkid
With various fun and challenging play stations, eXplorerkid @ Downtown East is yet another largest indoor playground in Singapore. We would recommend this location for its various entertainment and offering within the vicinity.
Don’t forget to check out The Cliff and Adventure Highlands as they are only available at the Downtown East branch!
- Off Peak Unlimited Play (eXplorerkid Member): $9
- Off Peak Unlimited Play (Public): $20
- Peak Unlimited Play (eXplorerkid Member): $20
- Peak Unlimited Play (Public): $30
Check out the newly furbished eXplorerkid @ Downtown East, now open to public as of 1 May 2016.
Where: AMK Hub, #04-02 AMK Hub, 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 | E!hub @ Downtown East 3rd Floor, E!hub, Downtown East, 1 Pasir Ris Close
Photo credit: Amazonia
Five fully themed areas to explore – each zone with a distinct character. That is AMAZONIA, and welcome to its 9,500 square feet indoor entertainment and attraction located at the Great World City Mall. We are really impressed that even its Bistro is decked up as an AMAZONIA jungle (and sound tracks!) to excite and create whole loads of family fun.
We love the awesome 3D Glow Golf section which offers a different 9-hole putting experience!
- 2-hour Playtime for Members (1 to 3-year-old):$17
- 2-hour Playtime for Members (3 to 12-year-old):$27.50
- 2-hour Playtime for Non-members (1 to 3-year-old):$22
- 2-hour Playtime for Non-members (3 to 12-year-old):$33
Where: Great World City Mall, 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #03-08
4. Go-Go Bambini
Photo credit: Go-Go Bambini
Go-Go Bambini accommodates the tallest indoor slide and owns features such as the flying fox, ballpits, tunnels and two climbing walls. It is the place for active and fun-loving kids! At a whopping 6-metre tall, we wouldn’t recommend this playscape for the acrophobia.
However, the bright-coloured jungle-themed attraction is too fun a place for throwing birthday parties.
- Go-Go Bambini Member (2 to 11-year-old):$18 for unlimited play
- Go-Go Bambini Member (12 to 23 months):$8 for unlimited play
- Non-member (2 to 11-year-old):$25 for unlimited play
- Non-member (12 to 23 months):$12 for unlimited play
Where: Blk 8D Dempsey Rd, #01-15 Dempsey Hill
5. Cool De Sac
Parents can relax while their children are engaged in the playground unique play areas, there is even a nearby bistro for the entire family to have a delicious meal together.
Photo credit: Cool De Sac
- Children under 6 months FREE
- Children under 3 years old $10.70
- Children from 3-12 years old $21.40
Weekend Rate & Public Holidays
- Children under 6 months FREE
- Children under 3 years old $13.90
- Children from 3-12 years old $27.80
Where: Suntec City Mall, #02-379/80, 3 Temasek Boulevard
6. Hokey Pokey
Photo credit: Hokey Pokey
Hokey Pokey is set up by five mummies who share the belief in providing only the best for a child’s growth and development. It is a pleasant, fun and educational environment for children from 6-month-old to 6-year-old.
- Weekday rate: $15 for unlimited entry (member); $25 for unlimited entry (non-member)
- Weekend & Public Holiday rate: $15 for 2 hours of play (member); $25 for 2 hours of play (non-member)
Where: 33 Sengkang West Avenue, #B1-28/29, The Seletar Mall
7. Fidgets World
Photo credit: Fidgets World
Located at The Grandstand, Fidgets World is a 16,000 square feet flagship store under the Fidgets family. There are multiple concepts under one roof, with activities such as music, baking, art & craft, makeover, photo studio, a main playground and many more.
Fun is boundless at Fidgets World!
- Just Play Entrance Fee: $10 for unlimited play (1 to 2-year-old)
- Just Play Entrance Fee: $19 for unlimited play (2 to 10-year-old)
Where: The Grandstand, 200 Turf Club Rd, #03-10
8. The Petite Park
The Petite Park is a safe and fun indoor play environment that is designed for children under 7-year-old (or shorter than 130cm). There are two main play spaces, namely Active Play and Pretend Play. Active Play helps to promote and strengthen a child’s motor skills while Pretend Play encourages creative thinking and conjures the imaginative side of a child.
It is definitely the place for conducive learning through play!
- Weekday rate: $18 for unlimited playtime
- Weekend/Public Holiday rate: $18 for 2 hours of playtime per entry
Where: City Square Mall, #B2-51/52 180 Kitchener Road | Changi City Point, #02-15/16, 5 Changi Business Park Central 1
9. Happy Willow (ceased operations in Dec 2016)
Photo credit: Happy Willow
It is a world of fantasy at Happy Willows!
Step into an enchanting Play Garden and be awed by the wide array of play facilities ranging from tunnels to flying fox. There’s endless fun and joy for the kids. What’s more? Parents can enjoy a cuppa’ while watching their little ones at the Willow Lounge. What better way to spend the weekends than here?
- Weekday rate: $18 for 3 hours (2-year-old and above)
- Weekday rate: $10 for 3 hours (9 months to less than 2-year-old)
- Weekend rate:$18 for 2 hours (2-year-old and above)
- Weekend rate: $10 for 2 hours(9 months to less than 2-year-old)
- $3 per every subsequent block of 30 minutes
Where: One North, 1 Fusionopolis Way, Fusionopolis, Connexis Tower, #B1-06 | One KM, 11 Tanjong Katong Road #02-01/02
10. The Polliwogs
Photo credit: The Polliwogs
The Polliwogs is Singapore’s Premier Children Playground, recreation and leisure centre. Facilities at the Suntec branch includes an active play area for the older kids, a toddler’s play area, a nursing cum diaper-changing room for mummies and a cafe.
The Polliwogs Value Play Pass
For children 2 years and above
- Purchase VPP at $125
- 7 Play sessions (Can be shared with your friends too!)
- 6 months validity
- $20 Cafe Vouchers
For children below 2 year
- Purchase VPP at $65
- 7 Play sessions (Share it with your friends of the same age!)
- 6 months validity
- $10 Cafe Vouchers
Where: Suntec City Mall, Tower 4 #02-724 to 727, 3 Temasek Boulevard | 1 HarbourFront Walk #03-12 VivoCity
11. Little Planet Playland
Little Planet has a farm, market place, kitchen & cafe, fishing area, forest maze and castle role-play area to provide children with a realistic educational play environment. With these themed play stations built to scale to mimic a grown-up’s world, Little Planet provides a uniquely enjoyable and exciting place for children to use their creativity to act out their imagination and interact with one another.
Photo credit: Little Planet Playland
- Weekdays: $25 per child (>1 year old) for unlimited play
- Free entry for children 1 year old) for 2 hour play
- Free entry for children < 1 year old
- Membership: $250 for 12 play sessions (unlimited play for weekdays and 2 hour play for weekends and public holidays)
Where: The Centrepoint, 176 Orchard Road, #02-21
12. Indoor Play Area @ Marina Square
Photo credit: Bumblebeemum
Located at level 3 of Marina Square shopping mall, there is a corner with several merchants retailing kids-related products. To cater to this family crowd, there is also an indoor play area just outside Kiddy Place. The kids (and daddies) can have some bonding fun time together, while mummies get busy with their shopping trolleys.
What’s best? Admission is free.
Where: Marina Square, 6 Raffles Blvd, level 3
By Tan Yiying, edited by Michelle Ang