Thread: Bp high sugar high during pregnancy

Bp high sugar high during pregnancy

Hi all mummies out there, anyone can share their experience with me. Gynae Inform me I hv high bp when I was 29 weeks. N she give me bp med to lower down but still after eating med I m still abv 140/90. The flw week she tell me I hv high sugar n ask me to get my sugar level n now I m on insulin. Dietician Only allow me to eat lil bit of food but even with insulin my sugar level is still high. The doc say after food my level shd b less than 6.6 but mine is forever abv 7. I m so devasted. Ppl pregnant eat plenty of food but for me, I jz can only eat 6 tbsp of rice plus 90 g of meat. I m worry I might give birth early as gynae told me I m buying for them only. I m losing weight every day. Within 2 weeks I lost abt 6kg.

Administrator
    Hi, here are our mummies replies in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/newageparen...50606994231876

Jeanette Csl: Avoid high sugars stuffs like bananas, apples, white rices or all processed foods. Eat kiwis( sweet but won't increase ur sugar levels), drink soy milk w/o sugar, eat whole meal bread n brown rice n oatmeal. Take more vege.. I was with high sugar level too when I was with the second bb.

Administrator
    Evelyn Lim: Eat whole meal bread n brown rice..

Administrator
    Alyma Said: Hi all..im a mother of 1 son.he is 20 years old now.sugar level must be control.i was having high bld pressure during pregnancy.Too much in my head,Honestly.im on medication now n lower dose after im on Lose Weight Programme.THX GOD.I would say ' Diebetic' CAN BE CONTROL!!. U NEED G3 Gag Juice(Nuskin) & AgeLoc R2. MANY HAV BENEFIT FROM THIS.DONT GIV IT A MISS!! GAIN BACK UR HEALTH.TRUST ME!!

Administrator
    Berlin PipooWang: Control ur sugar intake food like durian banana rice... Just endure few more weeks

Administrator
    Leona Mei Ling Lim: Yea this mummy gotta eat more vege n less rice instead of eating little totally. I hardly ate rice during my pregnancy I still gained lotsa

Administrator
    Nicole Ng: Jia You, control your white rice, bread & noodle intake. Drink plain water... I got hungry easily this time and go to bed crazing for food.

Administrator
    Nicole Ng: Craving for food... Baby was gaining weigh well but I lost weight. It was worthwhile for the sake of your baby and my sugar level was normal when I gave birth. I did not experienced this for my 2nd pregnancy.

Administrator
    Jovene Chua: Should also take only normal low fat milk. Those milk for mummies are high in sugar. Pregnant women need 4 servings a day.

You can eat white rice etc actually. The key to it is in right portion size so ur sugar level is strictly moderated, but of cos whole grains are better with lower GI. Have healthy snacks between main meals (i.e eat every 3 hours) so your sugar level won't dip too low either. Low levels also not good.

Administrator
    Jovene Chua: Go easy on oily food and cannot eat too much meat. Only vegetables can be overdosed on lol. But only leafy veg. Starchy ones like carrot, sweet potato, yam will also raise sugar level.

Try to walk after every meal. It helps a lot. Minimum 15 mins slow walk. Shopping counts too!

Administrator
    Shoelle Eng-Goh: Hi understand it is tough on you but I went through similar ordeal during my pregnancy 2 years ago. After first trimester I developed gestational diabetes, so was under very strict diet controls too and I kept strictly to the dietician's recommended list of low GI food and managed to control it very well without needing insulin till baby was born. It its tough but can be done. The strength which kept me going was to think of how gestational diabetes might affect my son if it was not well controlled. You can google about how it may affect your fetus if not properly managed. The only part that was really difficult was the pre and post prick test after each meal but it is just temporary and will get better after giving birth. To make matters worse, I developed pre-eclampsia with very high bp during last trimester bp was 180/150 with high protein in urine and had to be hospitalised throughout the last trimester till baby was 36 weeks, during which I had 3 episodes where the bp was so out of control that I was wheeled into the OT for emergency caesaean but managed to keep baby till he reached 36 Weeks of gestation with total bed rest. So point is the journey its tough but for the sake and health of your little precious one, you can do it! Sorry for the long story but I hope it encouraged you coz I've been on similar path and done it so you can too! All the best!

Hi All mummies out there thank you for all the advice. Now my gynae say my fluid is low and might need to deliver early anytime. Due to my high bp 150/100, my bb is nt getting bigger. But now is still early as I m only 32 weeks b only 1.3kg.

Administrator
    Joanne Tan: Like what the rest said, u can eat but try not to take white rice. Go for brown rice or unpolished rice. They don't increase ur blood sugar level much. Eat fruits with high fibre only as fibre slows down absorption of sugar in blood. No fruit juice since juices lack fibre. I had GDM n controlled it very well. No soft drinks, I drink low fat fresh milk daily, no white rice, I take brown rice or beehoon, fruits, and I felt it was a healthy diet n I gave birth to a healthy 3.015kg baby girl at 40weeks2days. My weight gain was minimal n lost it all within 2 months so really was a win-win situation. Be positive mummy n hang in there!! God bless!

Administrator
    Audrey Ngiam: Take small meals frequently instead of large meals. Reduce intake of rice n substite with other carbos like wholemeal bread, oatmeal etc. Avoid fruits like bananas and apples, go for dragonfruit and oranges. No unhealthy snacks, soft drinks, fruit juices, ice cream etc which gives empty carbos n no nutirition for yr baby. Impt thing is whenever u eat anything, think about yr baby. Light exercise helps alot. It burns off carbo n reduces yr blood sugar so u can eat abit more after tat. Try swimming, my blood sugar was really low each time after a swim. Check w yr gynae if u r ok to swim. I swam till 2weeks before delivery. Take care and you can do it!

Administrator
    Bella Tan: I had this when I'm pregnant wif my 1st child too.. Be very careful in wat u eat n monitor it closely.. I had pre-eclampsia & Becoz the doc didn't detect it early, I got heart failure too.. But luckily, I'm pretty back to a normal person but stil there is a possibility of getting the same conditions back if I decide to get pregnant again.. So now, I'm considering coz it's lucky my gal didn't get any side illness from my conditions, but juz afraid there wil be a chance that unfortunate things might happen to my 2nd child..

Administrator
    Lum Hung Ling: Hi my bp was high at 150/110 at 32 weeks too. Doc was very worried and put me on meds immediately but the blood pressure only maintained, didn't go down. I had to go and see him twice a week to monitor as he said that we must try to keep baby in as long as possible. Thank God baby was at a good weight of 3.29kg when I delivered at 36 weeks. Doc was worried to let baby stay till full term. Now my boy is coming to 2 years old next month. don't worry mummy, just listen to your gynae, watch your diet and rest well. Must rest well cause you will get tired very easily n bp will go up when you are tired. I was practically lying in the bed from week 32 to week 36