Thread: How to overcome loose stools problem after food?

Administrator

How to overcome loose stools problem after food?

My 3.5 yr old is having loose stools everytime after food. Fever comes along. Stomach super bloated and high. Went KKH where doc issued anti wind and probiotics. Any another remedy please? He is drinking water though. But at the rate that he is going the toilet, I'm afraid he'll be dehydrated. Help!!!
    Last edited by sgmother; 03-23-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Administrator
    Yuki Su: Put ru yi oil on his tummy n rub it n give him glucose add warm water to hydrate him

Administrator
    Ivy Lock: Get those hydralite or something, it's a drink that boost salt n water, can freeze as Ice Popsicle like tat.

Administrator
    Shirley Soh Sally: try gg to YuGuo TCM in Kallang..my 2nd son used to haf some dietary issues..after 2-3 visits..he recovered..

Administrator
    Fiona Sim: Go easy on fibre (veggie & fruit). Give more solid food instead, remove milk if can.

Administrator
    Shara Ng Siew Cheng: You can try YUGUO.... but sorry Shirley is at kembangan.

Administrator
    Rehana Ahmad Kemal: Let his stomach rest. Avoid heavy food. Let him drink plenty of fluids like barley/rice water & Pedialyte to replenish the loss. He shld recover in days. Meanwhile just keep him hydrated.

Administrator
    Geraldine Tay: How long has this been going on

Administrator
    Jenny Oh: Meantime give him H2O to avoid dehydration. Dun give 100plus, it's too gassy. Give rice instead of porridge also.

Administrator
    Justine Lee: Today whole day diarrhea. I tried to get him drink lots of water. Since last Thursday no appetite. Even take porridge also will have loose stools soon after that. If he is drinking water I no need to give those hydralite so often rite?

Administrator
    Bella Low: U might like to try TCM as suggested by the other mummies before. It's up to u whether u want to give him the Chinese medicine or not but u might want to seek alternative treatment if western medicine is not helping, see what is the diagnosis by the Chinese physician. Hugsssss

Administrator
    Bluedolphin Ac: Eh sugar stuff will help too. Btw don give milk give soya. May buy those freshly brew or powder form also can. Kids have no anti diarrhea med. Go see Chinese doc to solve the root now n also ask the doc to increase his food intake. Tummy upset can't eat very hard food try soft diet as easy to digest. It will take 3-4days for diarrhea to go off.

Administrator
    DiMan Ding: Rice cereal helps harden stool n skip fruits such as prune, apple, papaya...skip milk n drink lotsa water to keep the child hydrated..

Administrator
    May Chan: My son do hv same prob but I didn't go to PD. Home remedy does work. So I omit veggies n fruit however banana is all right in small amount. Warm water n warm honey drink is good. Steamed Tofu, bean curd, brown rice pod with ikan bilis can do wonder. Diluted milk helps too. Also, Mild rub With yu lee oil Within a day it works well for my son. All the best

Administrator
    Ah 'In: I've always practised keeping a pack of Vitagen in d fridge in case my kids hv tummy upset. Work wonders for them as sort of a 1st aid for diarroheas & wind. Save the unnecessary trips to the docs. Usually its when the bad bacterias or viruses gets into our digestive system, they caused indigestion & gas build-up, thus causing our body to rid them through vomitting & diarrohea. Not knowing this at 1st, my paed would also usually prescribed LactoGuard powder for every visit due to diarrohea. I figured since it has the same lactobacillus spores minus the sugar, might as well I keep the Vitagens on standby. I'l only go to the clinic if their condition dont improve. No harm trying. Hope your son gets better soonest

Administrator
    Jillian Pang: My ger had loose stools for many days. Visited GP n was prescribed charcoal liquid.. Aft taking for 1 day.. Stool got harden.. Hope it helps!!

Administrator
    The New Age Parents: For the benefit of those who like to know where is Yu Guo, do follow this post http://thenewageparents.com/yu-guo-child-physiotherapy/

Administrator
    Justine Lee: Thanks all for the helpful advice. I really hope my son will be well soon. He has lost alot of weight Meanwhile I really hope to put him on vitamin to strengthen his immunity. He has always been down with flu & cough. Tried cod fish oil but realized he has alot of phlegm soon after. What else can I give him?

Administrator
    Jom Kurus: I give my children Native Legend Tea. It works!