Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to wean off pacifier

Administrator

How to wean off pacifier

for those mummies who had wean their kid off the pacifier or trying to wean, currently i'm still in the process of weaning my son of 28mth off his pacifier, he is able to slp without sucking it, but will wake up middle of the night crying for it, before that, with his pacifier on, he will slp thru the night, but after trying to wean off, he will cry waking up for it, and it had been going on for bout 2weeks. any of the mummies experience these? and for this 2 week he can slp without sucking on it, just that he will keep waking up at bout 4 or 5 am crying for it.

Administrator
    Replies from Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/todaysmothe...50340099011876
    https://www.facebook.com/todaysmothe...50339794321876

Liza Waty: Hapen same to my son.. I wean him off during the day first.. Nite abit dufficult but eventualy he don need d pacifier anymore.. For me i try pat him back to sleep ... Try n try.. But if in d middle of d nite if he woke up.. Cryin den i gv.. Pat him back to sleep.. Once he doze off.. I take out d pacifier.. Don leave the pacifier over nite..
    Last edited by sgmother; 11-03-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Administrator
    Ang Yimin: Remove the pacifier after he sleep

Administrator
    Evelyn Neo: I'm trying to wean him off too..

Administrator
    Yeo Lili: Same prob goes here I heard ppl say cut pacifier into half n let him suck he will feel hw cm the pacifier become like tt he will automatic dun wan the pacifier tis is wat I heard ppl say

Administrator
    Diana Bok: Just don't give in, my son stopped his dummy as I forgot to bring during stay over and that's it, just 1 night.

Administrator
    Regina Yeo: I agree with Yeo lili

Administrator
    Marlina Azlan: My baby was given pacifier when he was still in hospital by the nurses. But once he got back home, after he fallen asleep I would remove the pacifier. Eventually he was not dependent on it anymore. I did the same to my girl & she weaned off in just couple of days.

Administrator
    Michelle Yap Siaw Hung: I cut off my baby pacifier n it just take 2 days for him to forget about it, I just cut and show it to him n it works. Try it n good luck.

Administrator
    Noelle Yee: I pull it out when baby is a sleep... Gave her water instead when she wakes up in e middle of e night... Slowly reduce e duration she sucks on it...

Administrator
    Nur N Azri: Tell me abt it.. Im facing d same poblem here.. But my daughter can sleep thru out d nitez,but d moment if she wakes up she'll cry for no reason.. Wen i asked her,she dun wanna say n in d end she'll show me dat she wants her pacifier.. *slaps forehead* lolz..

Administrator
    Ruby Lee : i weaned my son when he was 12.5mo by hiding the pacifier and not giving in. He cried a good 1hr on the 1st nite and subsequent nights he didnt cry but needed about 40min to soothe himself to sleep (tossing, turning, fussing, patting etc). Slowly the time shortened to half hour, 15min and then sometimes within 5min he'll fall asleep. The amazing thing is he didnt wake up in the middle of the night looking for the pacifier. My advice to you is dun give in even in the middle of the night. Try patting your child back to sleep instead.

Administrator
    Matilda Tan: i told her only baby liu liu eat pacifier. when she eat i say eeeee so ugly.. keep telling her so shameful. she threw it away. she want to drink milk in e middle of e night prob cos of the sucking.she drink den zzz le..

Administrator
    Kizel Wong: I'm a cruel mummy, I put abit chilli and let my son eat den he will tell me it's spicy and i ask him throw away into the bin, every night will remind him that he got no more pacifier and will ask him wheres the pacifier and he will tell me spicy and he throw away... Hope this help... I wean off my son at abt 15mth...

Administrator
    Yeo Lili Kizel: I agree with u haha last time i eat until dun noe hw many yrs then my neighbour put chilli immediately i threw it away haha tts hw i quit my pacifier i mean me myself nt my daughter lol

Administrator
    Valerie Lee: hmm.. i dunnoe whether your son slps sarong a not. but when i tried to wean off my boi that time, i put him in sarong to slp and depends on luck as in sometime it works and some time don't. but anyway, it took me full 1 month to wean that pacifier off. it takes lots of perservances and determination as that time my son only 10 months.

Administrator
    Jessica Lim: when he asks for the pacifier try to draw his attention to something else. I read story and pat him to sleep. Mid of the nite i wil give him some water or milk then pat him back to sleep. Now no more pacifier but lot of story book......

Administrator
    Audrey Ang: what i did was to cut the pacifier into half. After sucking, he felt weird and threw it away himself. No crying no tears

Administrator
    Karen Be Be: Change his pacifier n he wont wan the new one cos too used to sucking the old one... My boy stop at 8mnths after I changed n he juz dun sucked anymore, he is 16mnths nw...

Administrator
    Alvy Tan: I cut the pacifier into half during the day before his nap & jus it on the sofa. He took it & was so surpise so I told him that ga.ga bite it so he said eeee & threw it away into deskbin. So whenever he asked, I jus told him ga.ga bite it & u threw away. Very useful & no crying for him