300g Fragrance 43°N Japonica Rice
3g Sesame Oil
30g Chicken Seasoning
1kg Chicken Slices
3g Soda Powder
5g Chicken Powder
10g Potato Starch
100g Cooking Oil
- Combine water, soda powder, sugar, a pinch of salt and chicken powder. Stir in chicken slices and potato starch and mix well.
- Lastly, add in cooking oil and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Boil rice in 8 litres of water for 30 minutes.
- Then add in salt, sesame oil, chicken seasoning, and continue boiling for another 30 minutes.
- Boil marinated chicken slices in water for 30 seconds or until fully cooked. Drain chicken well.
- Serve chicken in congee.
Tip: For a smoother consistency, soak the rice for at least 30 minutes before boiling. This helps to break the rice grains up.