POPULAR celebrates the Power of Reading promising ten exciting days of fun and learning!
Bookfest@Singapore 2015, POPULAR’s biggest annual book and stationery event returns to the city for its ninth edition.
Held from 4-13 December, the festival will take place at Suntec Singapore Convention Centre, Hall 401 to 405.
This year’s theme “treasures” is a tribute to the importance of lifelong learning, translated from the well-known Chinese proverb, “书中自有黄金屋”, it signifies how success comes from knowledge through books. It is also symbolic of reading as a key to unlock the powerful treasures of knowledge and creativity and the vital role it plays in empowering and inspiring individuals and enriching communities.
- Great discounts on the latest publications, stationery, educational aid, IT gadgets and other lifestyle and electronic peripherals.
- Interactive activities from cooking demos, to workout session and author events
- POPULAR will also be dedicating a section to feature an array of Malay books to serve the Malay community in Singapore.
- New Household section where POPULAR partners Oster, Honeywell, 3M (DIY stuff), and Philips
- Titbits Carnival, located on Level 3 concourse
- POPULAR joins hands with Mediacorp 97.2FM to publish a cookbook, “LOVE 97.2FM爱的食堂, 妈妈的菜” [In Love with Mum’s Recipes], featuring tantalizing recipes contributed by 10 DJs from Love 97.2FM and Chef Eric Teo. DJs from Love 97.2FM will also be at the festival for an autograph session on 12 December. There will also be other award winning chefs on 12 December: Chef Patsie Cheong, Chef Lin (Norzailina Nordin), Chef Hanieliza and Shirley Wong (Little Miss Bento)
- The Win-Win Lucky Draw on 6th December, where 25 winners will walk away with $10,000 worth of cash and prizes.
- In sync with this year’s “treasures” theme, winners of The Grand Draw on 13 December, will be showered with gold bars instead of cash prizes worth $10,000.
- Spend a minimum of $50 at BookFest will receive vouchers from partners such as Alive Museum, Explorer Kids, Emi Cakes and more.
- To commemorate the 25th anniversary of its hugely successful membership programme, POPULAR presents a Limited edition Card and welcome voucher booklet with savings over $2300. Members will also have a dedicated pavilion filled with special buys with offers up to 60%.
- BookFest@Singapore 2015 is partnering Citibank, POSB and NETS to give customers more savings.
- Citibank SMRT card members will receive 10% rebate.
- POSB Everyday card members are entitled to 10% cash rebates.
- Customers who download the NETS Savers App will receive a $2 BookFest cash voucher.
“Draw on Love” Workshop with Peter Draw where he aims to teach and inspire children | 12 December, Sat, 6.15pm – 7.15pm
“Your Baby Can Learn” Workshop with Dr Robert C. Titzer, a recognised expert in infant learning | 12 December, Sat, 7.30pm – 9.30pm
For more information, visit www.bookfestsingapore.com